This is why I whack coyotes.

Several years ago in September I howled on a ridge top while hunting yotes on a cattle ranch. 6 coyotes popped up on a rock and started howling back. I picked out the biggest one and shot him. He started the death spin and ALL of the other yotes attacked him. I started throwing hot lead at em and shot until I was almost out of ammo. I got 4 of the six pack. The big one was an adult male and the others were juveniles born that spring. They are ruthless cannibals. So my vote is kill the pups, and make some fuzzy slippers out of their hides to ease your conscience.

That's some pretty fine shooting, Sir. I hope you bought yourself a six-pack of cold ones on the way home, to celebrate your performance. I certainly would have. Four out of six on anything is good, but on coyotes it's EXCELLENT.

That's some pretty fine shooting, Sir. I hope you bought yourself a six-pack of cold ones on the way home, to celebrate your performance. I certainly would have. Four out of six on anything is good, but on coyotes it's EXCELLENT.
Beer after coyotes happens on occasion.

Attachments

• IMG_20150425_133349_074.jpg
    IMG_20150425_133349_074.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 146
We used Benelli M2 left handed 12 gauge as you shot out of the port side of fixed wing aircraft . And Benelli M2's right handed for the chopper as you shot out of the starboard side of them . we ran magazine extensions so they held 9 rounds . they didn't like short brass but then most of the #4buck shot and #4 shot had long brass on them . They all worked good if taken care of .

Well I can vouch for the fact that they grow up to be adult coyote . My best control work was taking dens when you could get a bunch all at the same time . If you get the chance to read some of the studies done by Texas at collage station they say you have to take at least 70 percent of the young coyote born every year to just keep the number of coyote from increasing . The parents are working overtime to feed them that means they are taking fawns , birds , livestock ect . to feed them . It's your decision . I have seen a lot of people that thought I was heart less because I could kill a pup but they could kill an adult and let the pups struggle to live .
People that think it's cruel should experience the goosebumps one gets when they can't get to a rifle fast enough when a sick coyote is watching their children playing on a swing set!

People that think it's cruel should experience the goosebumps one gets when they can't get to a rifle fast enough when a sick coyote is watching their children playing on a swing set!

That would put a whole different feeling on it for most anybody. I remember a few years ago reading about some couple in California had a coyote get into their screened-in back porch and snatch their baby right out of the crib. The young mother chased it down with a broom and got her baby back, without so much as a scratch on it. That was a VERY close call for little Junior. I have no doubt that the coyote would have fed that baby to its pups. What a catastrophe that would have been.

That happened around Truckee somewhere, and my buddy sent me the newspaper article. He also sent me pictures of two bear cubs, one brown and one black, playing on his kids' swing set in his own back yard. Mama bear was busy climbing the attached jungle gym in the background of the picture. They were having a grand ol' time, but I doubt that mama bear would have tolerated a couple of little girls joining in on the playtime activities.

My buddy has since moved back to the ranch in eastern Montana, and his kids are all raised now. Soon they will be bringing grandchildren around, and any potentially dangerous wildlife that comes into the yard to harass his young'uns are probably going to get themselves shot. Montana is a totally different operating environment than California. My guess it that there's a rifle leaning against the window frame in the kitchen right now, and I wouldn't want to be a coyote in Jay's back yard.

A lot of the states here have a whole different out look then California and Colorado . It is said that there are around six firearms per house hold average in Wyoming I'm not sure that isn't kind of a low estimate . The ranchers I know tend to believe in protecting their family and livestock .

That would put a whole different feeling on it for most anybody. I remember a few years ago reading about some couple in California had a coyote get into their screened-in back porch and snatch their baby right out of the crib. The young mother chased it down with a broom and got her baby back, without so much as a scratch on it. That was a VERY close call for little Junior. I have no doubt that the coyote would have fed that baby to its pups. What a catastrophe that would have been.

That happened around Truckee somewhere, and my buddy sent me the newspaper article. He also sent me pictures of two bear cubs, one brown and one black, playing on his kids' swing set in his own back yard. Mama bear was busy climbing the attached jungle gym in the background of the picture. They were having a grand ol' time, but I doubt that mama bear would have tolerated a couple of little girls joining in on the playtime activities.

My buddy has since moved back to the ranch in eastern Montana, and his kids are all raised now. Soon they will be bringing grandchildren around, and any potentially dangerous wildlife that comes into the yard to harass his young'uns are probably going to get themselves shot. Montana is a totally different operating environment than California. My guess it that there's a rifle leaning against the window frame in the kitchen right now, and I wouldn't want to be a coyote in Jay's back yard.
Yes sir bears,coyotes,coons and fox are not welcomed here! Just leved 2 coons that beat me to the chicken coop before I got them shut in!! They met quik silver my pet 22-250!!!

A lot of the states here have a whole different out look then California and Colorado . It is said that there are around six firearms per house hold average in Wyoming I'm not sure that isn't kind of a low estimate . The ranchers I know tend to believe in protecting their family and livestock .
Any law abiding god fearing man in this great country would protect his family and livestock regardless of states and laws!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.