This is truly insane!

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
After all the topics latley about accuracy being better at long range than short range.

Today, I went out to test the BC for the 155 AMAX out of my gun. Not carring about precise accuracy, I wanted to see how good the BC was or not. So I zeroed my load at 300 yards. 1st group was 2.5" the follow up after making an adjustment was 4.675" After being zeroed I went to 600 yards, where the group was where it was suppose to be with the BC I had guessed at. This group was a whopping 5.875"!! Pretty bad huh? I decided to see if the BC would hold to 1k. I fired 1 3 shot group. I drove to the target and after looking at it, I couldnt belive it. It was 3.5"!! I thought no way. That was a mistake. I went back to 1k and fired another 3 shot group. I couldnt get an accurate size becuase 1 of the bullets just grazed the side of the box, so I can only get a close measument. It was about 4.5" Crazy I tell you.

If you look at the pictures closley, you can see the bullets starting to key hole. Yes it is crazy. As you can see in the picture, I turned the box 90 degrees to the first side I shot, so as to not corrupt the 3.5" group. I also made an adjusment to the right. I put an arrow by the one group to show that thats where the bullet had gone by within .125-.25" of! Also you can see the steep downward angle of the bullet!

Also the BC I have come up with is between .474 and .484 out of my gun. Still need to fine tune it, but its no worse than .474 out of my stick.

093405.JPG

093406.JPG

093408.JPG

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

Michael,
Nice shootin!
I saw the green arrow there, but no hole??, then you said "the steep downward angle", then a saw the arrow was pointing to the spot the bullet passed as it made a gash across the cardbard there!!

I emailed you. I'm heading out in the morning, fog suppose to lift tonight. Should be perfect chrono weather tomarrow. Maybe we can set the 35P down at the target and get some BC's from it and the M43...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.