This gun will shoot!

kc

Well I finished in march with my 03 Springfield I did every thing with care breaking in the barrel
for most of the time, I was at the range, I was as close as can be wanting to yank every hare from my balding head till I chagnged my load from 150s to 165 and a touch of IMR 4064.
That did, it was shooting better than a new Remington right from the box.
Damm! 5 shots in a in 1 inch red dot. and that was just the beganing.The second target I made a few flies to kill. all the shoothing I did, I was using the sand bags, now I should say all this action was made at 100 yards. the next step is out to Shaftsburg, this is the prooving range, we have a pile of stumps with a flock of dead crows that for some reason they choose to stick around.

Rifle 3006 x 03A3 Springfield.
Bullet 165gr SST.
Powder 47grns IMR 4064.
Sights 3X9 Burris.

The old man out where we shoot says it like puting lipstick on a pig doing what I did to an old Springfield, but thats ok, he will be in for a big surprise.

They do shoot! I have a WW2 vintage 03-A3 Remington 30-06 that is bone stock with original peep sights, and trigger that I have owned for many years. I have shot several 1" groups at 200 yards with this rifle using 150gr Hornady Spire Points, 52.5 gr IMR 4350, Winchester brass and primers. So much for all the bedding, barrels, and, custom gadgets I've spent a bundle on in my lifetime. It's a beautiful rifle to look at as well.....lots of charisma.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.