this form is a joke

7mm mag sendero

I'm done with this site I have posted 3 new threads and not one person has bothered helping me with my problems.I mean come on this is bull so to all of you thanks for nothing

The choice is your to come or go. I looked back and only saw one thread that you didn't get a response to and that concerned night vision. Ever think that possibly nobody that could answer your question saw and or read the post? This has been a busy time of year and a lot of guys are still hunting so sometimes responses are bound to be less than during a slack part of the year.

Hope you have a good day and good luck in your search for a forum where lots of people jump on a question about something that most of us never use.

ss7mm hit the nail on the head. I also only found one thread concerning some night vision question, there are forums dedicated to that. This one is for long range hunting, and 99% of newbie questions can be answered with the search function and/or google, and this time of year there are floods of them, so people get a little tired, no reason to throw a hissy fit.

Last edited:
Sorry you feel that way, however looking back I see you actually got a fair amount of help, especially on some of the basic first timer questions. That has been my same experience with this site, if someone doesn't know the exact answer they don't want to give bad advice so they just don't post it, and most times if they don't they at least post a link for further research done on the original poster's part.

So I hate to be rude, but I guess don't let the door hit you on the way out. Best of luck with future endeavors...........

7mm Mag Sendero,

Not trying to be dismissive or confrontational, but your profile says you joined a year ago last November with only 32 posts. I was never too good at math, but that seems to average less than 3 posts a month. I'm not implying that you should be 'king of the posters' but, come on bro. One post without answers with as little as you've posted in over a year and you're trippin'?

Ironic how you got so many responses to this particular post, isn't it? :)

Sorry you feel that way.
I try to help folks when I can.
I have lots of opinions even on things that I've never tried myself.
But, I usually feel there's someone better qualified to answer.
It's probably better that I not respond if I don't know the answer rather than make up BS.

The funny thing is that all the info on this site and most others is free.

Sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes not.

In any case, with all the free info at our fingertips, you'd think we'd all be shooting .25 MOA at 1000 yds.

Somehow it doesn't work that way. You have to work at it and it does get frustrating sifting through all the info that's available and trying to determine what's useful. But, like panning for gold, it's in there somewhere and sometimes you find a nugget worth keeping.

When recently accused by my wife of spending too much time reading this forum, I replied that I only needed 6 more posts to be "Silver". And, everyone knows that Silver members are smarter than Bronze. lightbulb

So, don't give up yet. You're only a few posts away.

--Richard

P.S. please take that commentary tounge in cheek, be frustrated if you will, take a break if you must, and then join in on the discussions. As best I can tell, this forum is here as much for you as anyone else.

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like talking about you you you you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about meeeeee (me,me,me,me-background singers)
I wanna talk about me (me,me-background singers) :)

JohnnyK.

I WANTTA talk about me me me:D thats funny. I have posted 400+ and I dont know if I have posted 3 new? I RECOMMEND a search because so much info has been covered and same ? asked 5 times. First thing I did when I found site, read all articles, then most posts and relating posts that interested me. I am hit and miss, my computer needs upgrade, I hunt all fall, trying to work, but been unemployed last 3 winters, Life as a builder in this economy

I haven't had any need for a night vision scope since I was in Alligator Valley, up in Quang Tri province in 1971. What I know about night vision scopes is 40 years old.

Did you want me to tell you not to hump them during monsoon season and be careful in the rice paddies because the moisture was a problem? lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.