Thinking about moving to Oregon

When we were younger, Oregon was our retirement destination. Times have changed, even Portland in the early 90's was a desirable place. My wife is a pretty tolerant woman, but for her to shun Oregon, says a lot to me.

Being a guy from Central Oregon myself and thankfully has relocated, Oregon is not a bad place if you like California. Yes the high mountain lakes of Oregon are awesome trout fishing but once you get back to town and tell people about the massive rainbow you caught up at Crane, Wikiup, Lava or Diamond they will complain that your are destroying their home and the wildlife when they just bought a 6000 square ft mansion on the Deschutes for their friends and family to come and drink wine and eat cheese while they stay inside the Resort community and dont give back locally. I got extremely tired of dealing with the richy rich complaining about how we lived and demanding us to change when they infiltrated us with their ideological beliefs that all habitats should be untouched and undisterbed which led me into many a argument over WHY THE blank are you here. There for good luck from the middle of no where MT

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.