Thinking about adding a long range rifle to the collection and I need caliber advice

Re: Thinking about adding a long range rifle to the collection and I need caliber adv

Why not just work on your 30/06?

Put on a good stock and a scope and shoot it plenty. Rebarrel it if needed, or change out the trigger. The 30 cal offers some fair options. Doesn't have the BC that 7mm has, but can do plenty good.

Re: Thinking about adding a long range rifle to the collection and I need caliber adv

You could always just ream your chamber to a .30-06 Ackely Improved to gain a little more oomph out of the old '06...

Inexpensive option, and you can use .30-06 loads, but will have to buy some .30-06 AI reloading dies.

You could always just ream your chamber to a .30-06 Ackely Improved to gain a little more oomph out of the old '06...

Inexpensive option, and you can use .30-06 loads, but will have to buy some .30-06 AI reloading dies.

Mud, what does doing something like that cost and what kind of extra velocity do you get out of it?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.