Thinking about a DTA SRS

cdmorten

Hey guys. I haven't been on the forum for a while but I wanted to get your thoughts on this. I'm interested in a Desert Tactical SRS with a suppressor.

DTSS - Desert Tactical Arms

I'd probably get it built up in .308 initially with a spare 300WM Conversion Kit. Here's the kicker...I'd need to sell my .308 custom build which is a Remington 700 action with a K&P match grade barrel, McMillan A5 (Kevlar), Shilen trigger, Badger bottom metal, Night Force NSX scope and NF lightweight rings. It's a .5 MOA shooter.

And I'd sell my Remington Sendero 300WM with a Shilen trigger, Badger Tactical Knob, Ops Inc muzzle brake .75 MOA shooter with a Leupold M1 scope with Badger Rings.

This seems like a pretty cool diverse setup that's a little lighter weight and manageable in the field. Let me know your thoughts. Am I nuts? Does anyone own a DTA that can tell me how they like it?

Here's a pic of my .308

Attachments

• rifle01.jpg
    rifle01.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 108
By the way...I just noticed that this link takes you to the suppressors...go to the bottom of that pic and click on the rifle on the left. That's what I'm looking at.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.