Thinking about 25-06

I have two currently. One is a first year production 700 ADL re-stocked in a nice piece of maple. Round count on that rig is around 3500 +/-. The second one was a pawn shop rescue rifle. That one is in a nice Fajen piece of walnut. Round count on it is only 2000 or so. BOTH shoot the 110 AB's into .5 or smaller groups. I used the ADL to take my first two elk using 120 gr partitions pushed by IMR4831. Ran that powder up until a few years back when i noticed my loads spreading out and had to start chasing the lands. Started over again and found a nice load of 7977 and the 110's shoots bug-holes.
With these two rifles I've taken over 100 head of whitetail, maybe 25-30 mule deer, the two bull elk, 50-60 axis does and bucks and a number of other game animals.
The lighter recoil and accuracy of the cartridge appeal to me. The only game that didn't DRT were shot with Barnes bullets or lung/heart-hit.
My longest shot on game was on a hill country whitetail doe at 656 yards. Took another one at just over 600. They'll work out to range if you do your part and can put the bullet where it needs to go. Otherwise, I stay below 500 yards on whitetail down here and 400 on the mule deer.

I have a .243 I am quite fond of inside of 400 yards it does great. I like maybe a 264 win mag or 257 Weatherby ballistically to reliably perform with minimal holds to 600. Next rifle will be one or the other. 25-06 or 6.5-06 would be good more efficient intermediate rounds

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.