Thicken the grip area on a ridge line?

Elkwonder

I just bought a new ridge line in 6.5 PRC. I love almost everything about the rifle and feel like it is a great rifle for the money. The only two things I would like to tinker with is swapping the bolt knob to a slightly bigger one which is super easy. The other is not quite as simple, which is the grip area. It is a touch small for my liking. I can definitely live with it if I can't figure out a way to make it a little better, so no big deal.
SO.....has anyone done anything to the ridge line grip to slightly alter it.....like maybe grip tape or something? Thanks in advance.

I just bought a new ridge line in 6.5 PRC. I love almost everything about the rifle and feel like it is a great rifle for the money. The only two things I would like to tinker with is swapping the bolt knob to a slightly bigger one which is super easy. The other is not quite as simple, which is the grip area. It is a touch small for my liking. I can definitely live with it if I can't figure out a way to make it a little better, so no big deal.
SO.....has anyone done anything to the ridge line grip to slightly alter it.....like maybe grip tape or something? Thanks in advance.
To change the stock, you might try using pieces of military foam sleeping pad. You can shave it to just about any shape needed. I start with a layer of gorilla tap on the stock, then add the padding. I hold the padding down with more gorilla tape. When done, I overwrap the whole works with a fabric tape. Vet wrap works well enough and it is cheap. You can also use neoprene (old waders) to cover the padding.
6.5PRC has been a tempting thought as of late. And a 30PRC. And a 7PRC, and a .338/something, and ………...

Last edited:
I have added texture to the grip area while making it a little bigger with epoxy.... not on a Ridgeline, but on a HS-P stock. It's much easier to do if you are repainting the stock, but if you carefully mask it off, you can do it clean and you can die the epoxy to almost whatever color you want. This sounds a bit more permanent than you're looking for, but it's an option....I'll try find a picture of it if you want.

I have a Ridgeline and I think the grip is too thin. I am thinking on either a Mcmillan w/vert grip. I did change the bolt knob to a larger one.

I hate to change the stock all the way out. I love the gun and getting it with the bronze finish for 1800 is a good deal in my opinion. I think I'm just gonna try some pistol wraps, like grip,tape and such. I don't want to add much at all really, just a touch. I'll play around with it when I get some time. I really don't want to put any more money into it, cause I'd love to order a twin sister to the 6.5 next year in 300 prc....lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.