Thermal Sight In

Card board back and A/C silver duct tape. Tilt back slightly so the sun can reflect off of it. Morning is better before everything in the environment heats up.I made the grid so I could easily measure the amount I'm off

Attachments

• 82B4EB13-BDEB-479A-AA4B-88D0DB23190E.jpeg
    82B4EB13-BDEB-479A-AA4B-88D0DB23190E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Card board back and A/C silver duct tape. Tilt back slightly so the sun can reflect off of it. Morning is better before everything in the environment heats up.I made the grid so I could easily measure the amount I'm off

I did the exact opposite and it worked well. I used a sheet of foil faced foam from Home Depot and put a large cross on it with 2" wide, black duct tape. The cross was easy to see but the bullet holes had to be confirmed with a spotting scope.

1. Frozen water bottles are great.
2. Baggie of ice taped/stapled to cardboard.
3. Wet-wipes. The evaporation creates a nice contrast.

I found the wet wipes to be the best because you can see exactly where it hit.

Frozen water bottles (even cold water) if you have no target stand.

It's contrast you are looking for. Not necessarily heat. Even if it's cool outside, ice is usually colder than the air.

1. Frozen water bottles are great.
2. Baggie of ice taped/stapled to cardboard.
3. Wet-wipes. The evaporation creates a nice contrast.

I found the wet wipes to be the best because you can see exactly where it hit.

Frozen water bottles (even cold water) if you have no target stand.

It's contrast you are looking for. Not necessarily heat. Even if it's cool outside, ice is usually colder than the air.

I liked using ice in the fall winter around here, when temps were in the 30's/ 40's it worked great, Gave enough contrast for easy aim point but it didn't "bloom" like a hot hands did and when you hit the ice cube, just throw another free ice cube up, instead of a $2 hot hands

What is your method for zeroing your thermal scope in summertime daylight?? Tried the air activated handwarmers with mediocre results. Thoughts?
May need to work on thermal adjustments. If you can't see hand warmer then change color setting, gain, contrast, if not auto focus make sure rear ocular and front focal are tuned in.

Mine as well practice on the bench in heat since you might have to do it in field.

I find sighting a thermal scope a perfect reason to light up a cigarette. I bet it has been a while. Bad for you yes, but poke a hole in the target and when half way done, stick it into it and fire away. Marlboro reds are great! Wife: you stink of cigarettes. you: no, i stink of success.
SnT