Thermal scope

marioq

Just buy an AR 10 in 308. I want to get a thermal scope for it. I would like to record through the scope of possible. I know nothing of any of the thermal scope out there nor what product is a good product. Anybody who can help would be greatly appreciated.
Just for clarification, I have a DPMS LRT SASS
THANKS

Mario

It's all going to come down to price range and distance you intend to shoot.
IMHO for most night hunting applications under 150 yards even low end models are doable. But the bonus of getting middle to higher end models is spotting your query from extended distance.
Low ends are generally 2-3k
Middle range 3-6k
High end 6K+

Post in the hog forum here much better info. Double naughty spy I believe uses many different ones and would be who I talk to. They have lots of vid posted to.

Post in the hog forum here much better info. Double naughty spy I believe uses many different ones and would be who I talk to. They have lots of vid posted to.

I sent him a PM. I don't know how to move the thread to a different forum.
Anyone help????

Mario please let me tag along. My brother has the same rifle and wants to do the same thing. Plus what do you use for a spotter? Thanks?

Did anyone get any feed back or buy a thermal scope? Getting ready to spend some money on an Armasight Zeuss Pro and would like a little help before spending a small fortune.

Call armasight. He is in sales.

He is a wealth of knowledge. I thought same thing. 60 HS is better he said that for hunting 30 is fine and cheaper.

Looking at the atn thor HD

Haven't been out long enough for any reviews

But I am keeping an eye on this one

I have serveral thermal scopes.

I have an ATN Thor, two Zeus Pros, and an IR Hunter.

I would go with one of the Zeus models. I purchased the Thor first, and while it works, it does not really compare with the Zeus models. I cannot capture video on the Thor but I can with both Zeus models. The Zeus models can handle higher caliber than .308's, so they are mover versatile. I am more impressed with the image quality with the Zeus compared to the Thor.

ATN's customer service is spotty. I had to send my ATN Tico Thermal clip on several months ago, and Carlos was very good to work with.

I have serveral thermal scopes.

I have an ATN Thor, two Zeus Pros, and an IR Hunter.

I would go with one of the Zeus models. I purchased the Thor first, and while it works, it does not really compare with the Zeus models. I cannot capture video on the Thor but I can with both Zeus models. The Zeus models can handle higher caliber than .308's, so they are mover versatile. I am more impressed with the image quality with the Zeus compared to the Thor.

ATN's customer service is spotty. I had to send my ATN Tico Thermal clip on several months ago, and Carlos was very good to work with.

Is there much difference in the Zeus Pro and the regular Zeus?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.