The World Is Changing Rapidly

Buffalobob

This is an article on the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources Website

When I went to undergraduate school I did not have access to a computer. Post Vietnam when I went to graduate school we had a tiered access to a Redstone Arsenal cast off mainframe. I find it so amazing that the things I studied so hard to learn such as FORTRAN are nearly extinct and everybody can operate their very own computer. The Utah Division of Wildlife believes that hunters are so computer literate that they do not need to mail draw results anymore.

If you're one of the more than 27,000 hunters who applied for an antlerless big game hunting permit for this fall, watch your e-mail closely on July 14, 2010.
If you supplied the Division of Wildlife Resources with an e-mail address, you'll receive an e-mail letting you know if you drew a permit.
If you didn't supply an e-mail address, you can learn the results by calling 1-800-221-0659 or visiting wildlife.utah.gov.
This will be the first time the Division hasn't mailed letters to applicants.
Judi Tutorow, wildlife licensing coordinator for the Division, says most of the 27,000 applicants supplied the agency with an e-mail address.
"If you don't have access to the Internet, you can still get your results fast by calling the 1-800 number starting July 14," she says. "The phone line is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week."

I hate ''progress''. It always seems to lead to something I dont like.
Somebody needs to figure out how to limmit ''change and progress'' to only a few things that will bennifit from it.
Heres a few examples;
1-Reloading powder-room for progress, wish I could get some ''superformance'' powder to load with.
2-Optics-room for progress, finally design the ''perfect'' scope for everyone(although not likely to happen)
3-Tires-room for progress, Id like to have a set of mudd tires that last more than 30,000 miles
4-Medical technology-room for change, A cure for cancer would be great!
**The rest are best kept un-changed or reverted back to the way it used to be**
IN MY NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION
Forgive me for kicking and screaming into the 21st century, but I dont know how much ''progress'' I can take. Learning to turn on a computer by myself so I can read L/R/H is as technologicaly advanced as I get.
Great, now I have a beef with Utah ODFW. I got too many beefs already........

FORTRAN, man that's the first time I've heard that word used in years. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.