The word from the Federal Ammunition rep today

Bullets and brass are easier, faster and safer too produce, but primers and powder not as much (cheap bottle or fine wine). Primer smear (wet) is safe at that stage, but assembling the rest maybe not as safe or fast?

And my guess is: majority of power comes from Australia which is shut down.
Australia is not shutdown, only parts of some States that are run by dictators, of the similar political calling as your D's (though not for all States).
ADI factory is running at capacity, and shipping all product to USA.
Struggle for the aussie market to get powder.
ADI has failed at and now given up trying to make their APS powder range.

I don't think it will ever be back to normal like it use to be .The prices have skyrocketed and even reloading is super expensive from brass primers powder and bullet prices .I just saw the new primer prices at a normal store it's $100 per 1000 use to be $20 .Powder when you find it is $45 to $50 a pound use to be $15 to $20 .Brass is about $50 for 50 use to be $30 .Bullets are way up ones that were $25 are now $50,I am sure something else will happen to cause another rush on ammo and reloading stuff .
Copper mines out west got their water shut off from the drought .If lead is banned ammo and bullets will be through the roof !

The flip side of this is that a lot of people will likely quit carrying about shooting if it's too expensive or too much trouble to get ammo. Demand will likely go down over time.

Something that I've noticed is a lot of people realizing how much fun it is to shoot recreational. I really feel that the manufacturer's wouldn't be sticking they're necks out that far to invest in more production. Maybe a more automated platform if that's possible. Probably wishful thinking

I don't give 2 craps about box ammunition! I can get powder, bullets and cases, if I need, more or less but, my stock of primer's, will start looking a little bleak, in summer 2021 :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't give 2 craps about box ammunition! I can get powder, bullets and cases, if I need, more or less but, my stock of primer's, will start looking a little bleak, in summer 2021 :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Me too! As long as I can get components then I'm happy!

Ordered a sleeve of 205Federals today from Natchez. @8cents apiece it will last me a year @ hundred rds a week. Thats quite a bit of shooting for me. lts not too hard find 20-25cent 22cal/6mm bullets. Picked up 800/6mm 75gr VMAX from Post Office today. Total was $178. Bullets are factory BLEMS off GunBroken. Powder is $80-$100 a pound. @25gr l can load 280 rds from that pound. 29cents a rd for pdr. 8+20+29=$.58 rd for ammo. That's still pretty CHEAP imhop