The word from the Federal Ammunition rep today

Ordered a sleeve of 205Federals today from Natchez. @8cents apiece it will last me a year @ hundred rds a week. Thats quite a bit of shooting for me. lts not too hard find 20-25cent 22cal/6mm bullets. Picked up 800/6mm 75gr VMAX from Post Office today. Total was $178. Bullets are factory BLEMS off GunBroken. Powder is $80-$100 a pound. @25gr l can load 280 rds from that pound. 29cents a rd for pdr. 8+20+29=$.58 rd for ammo. That's still pretty CHEAP imhop

Some of retailers are shady AF, when you look at ammoseek! I'l pay extra to a branded known retailer, rather than send my funds to who the heck ever?!

Ordered a sleeve of 205Federals today from Natchez. @8cents apiece it will last me a year @ hundred rds a week. Thats quite a bit of shooting for me. lts not too hard find 20-25cent 22cal/6mm bullets. Picked up 800/6mm 75gr VMAX from Post Office today. Total was $178. Bullets are factory BLEMS off GunBroken. Powder is $80-$100 a pound. @25gr l can load 280 rds from that pound. 29cents a rd for pdr. 8+20+29=$.58 rd for ammo. That's still pretty CHEAP imhop

Dang let me get my calculator out to keep up with you.
Just a joke from years ago -: If You Have to Look At The Price-You Can't Afford It"

I didn't start reloading to save money anyway

I didn't start reloading to save money anyway
When Nosler came out with their amazing Ballistic Tip they were only available as a component. A box of 130gr/.270cals, a tray of primers, and a pound of 4350 would/could last YEARS. 1990 Uncle Sugar sent me to Texas on Army Business. l discovered PRAIRIE DOGS. As addicting as fast cars, fast women, and drugs. On a good PD town a box of Ballistic Tips lasts HOURS instead of YEARS on a deer stand. My first PD trip l shot FACTORY. I figured out very quickly on an Army salary l either handload or stay at HOME🥺 Guess which l chose😉

Australia is not shutdown, only parts of some States that are run by dictators, of the similar political calling as your D's (though not for all States).
ADI factory is running at capacity, and shipping all product to USA.
Struggle for the aussie market to get powder.
ADI has failed at and now given up trying to make their APS powder range.
Good to hear that. The news looks awful.

I agree with flyguy1,I skip the news most evenings as it only leads to distrust and depression.
Not much for alcohol or drugs so I just grin and endure,a lot more enduring than I like.
I have too much ammo loaded already so I only reload now for rifles I am working up a load with new bullets (Hammers) and a lot more enduring than grinning now.
Can't wait until this is over!
Biden came in looking for businesses to make more profit and man O man they are getting rich so yea we are being played by a terrible fiddle player.
All stay sane please.My faith in God and this forum is my refuge now.
Old Rooster

I agree with flyguy1,I skip the news most evenings as it only leads to distrust and depression.
Not much for alcohol or drugs so I just grin and endure,a lot more enduring than I like.
I have too much ammo loaded already so I only reload now for rifles I am working up a load with new bullets (Hammers) and a lot more enduring than grinning now.
Can't wait until this is over!
Biden came in looking for businesses to make more profit and man O man they are getting rich so yea we are being played by a terrible fiddle player.
All stay sane please.My faith in God and this forum is my refuge now.
Old Rooster
Could not have said it better Brother...ALL of it!👍

I read it on the internents, it must be true!

I think it's significant that a SALES GUY said that. He would much rather say that we're almost there. That's what sales guys do. Promise what is not quite ready or available for delivery next week. (No, I am not jaded.... ). That he is saying that far out means that we've got a ways to go yet, if it ever returns to "normal", which I'm doubting.

I spoke to a Hornady Tech rep yesterday; after getting my question answered I asked him about time frames. His statement seems to confirm what has been stated above. He said "if we stop taking orders today, we're about two years out." He also said they are filling orders that were placed 18-24 months ago. Wish I could say "LOL" but I can't...