The Winchester resurrected...

Jake in NC

.. The old .300 Tommy Winchester has been resurrected as a 7mm WSM.. It was 'smithed by Richard of Richard's Custom Rifles in SW Va.. This cat does some first class work, I'm here to tell ya.. The barrel is a MHV 27.5" Clay Spencer and the stock is one of Richard's own design and manufacture.. Load development has gone very well, so far.. While nothing extensive has been done, it is shooting the 162gr AMax's very well under .250 with a 20fps ES in the 2950fps range.. Nothing to get overly excited about in the velocity dept. but testing out around 650 showed very promising results.. I'm thinking I may want to try a tad slower powder than this H4831sc.. Any input as to what may work.??

Lex_LDC2.jpg

As a side note.. He put together a 6mmAI for my groundhog rifle and it is way schweeet, also.. Life is good, again.. d:^) JiNC

Jake,
Nice Lookin Rig , 2950 isn't a bad velocity that will more than take care of a deer out to 1K.

Thanks, 338-378.. Common sense tells me to go shoot it and be happy.. But the tinkerer in me can't seem to leave it be.. Hehehe.. I'm gonna try not to get too squinched up over the velocity if it's gonna shoot this good..
..As another plus I feel like I finally have a rifle with enough accuracy to start giving that dang NightForce a good wringin' out.. d:^) JiNC

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.