The Vacation Calendar is Here

backyardsniper

I have posted a couple of threads earlier this year about planning my first elk hunt, well now the vacation calendar has finally arrived and I have 9/23-9/29 and 10/21-10/27 to chose from. I can tack a couple of personal days on the begining or end for drive time but that is what I got to work with. I would appreciate any help as to what states have season thise dates and what states to look at. I'm going guided as this will be my first elk hunt and I want to put the odds in my favor. I will be driving in from KY so I will have to figure in drive time. Let me know. I'm looking hard at New Mexico and Idaho as well as Colorado of course. All opinions welcome.

If you're thinking of Wyoming, and a DIY hunt, most of our Elk Seasons open upin (rifle) Oct. 15.

Go to the WY Fish & Game Website and down load the elk hunting area information.

I'd recommend checking out the Big Horns, Mostly all National Forest, and relatively easy for out of state hunters to get tags. Areas 38 would be my first choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.