the "ultimate sniper stock"

robinstan

Has anyone had any experience with the "ultimate rifle stock" desighned by Major John Plaser made from sst-35 polymer material? Is the for stock and bedding stable and how did you like it? Thanks for any input.

Robinstan ,
Saw a test report in an Aussie magazine . They gave them a reasonable rap but did say that they were designed to be shot prone and weren't comfortable for general hunting use .
Look pretty ordinary I reckon .

I currently own one. it is on my 300 rum sendero. I wanted a heavy stock that I could add weight for added comfort for bench shooting. the stock works great. I had to do some work to it though. the grip is extremely rough. on bare hands it is very uncomfortable. I just sanded it down smooth. the thing I like about this stock is that with the money I have invested in it I don't feel guilty if I feel like doing some work on it myself. but, I have the luxury of changing the stock back to the original HS Precision stock my rifle came with.
I have not regrets getting this stock. I had considered a McMillan but could not see spending $400-500 for a stock I wanted to ream out and add weight to. the ultimate sniper stock is not perfect. but then it is only about $160. if my rifle did not have the recoil and I was not planning on adding weight, I would have gone with a McMillan.
some people like the ultimate sniper stock, some people hate it. I read up on it before I got it. no regrets for me.

hey robinstan,

I have one for sale that will fit a Remington 700 long action if that is what you are looking for. I bought for an up coming project and I went with a different action, so I don't need it. Just to see what it was like, i mounted a barreled action and shot it from the bench. I thought it was very comfortable to shoot from the bench.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.