The ultimate hunting coat/parka for stand hunting

Quintus, I too have a Browning Quad Parka. It is about 15 years old, but is very warm, and as you say waterproof. I like the zip out down liner to wear by itself, or wear the outer coat by itself. There are tons of pockets in it. The camo pattern is a little dated, but works well here in South La. I wore it for my Chama Elk hunts until about 6 years ago. I started wearing Sitka after that, and wore the Open Country pattern, which seemed to work better than the Browning pattern for the mountain terrain I was hunting in. I still have the Browning quad parka, and bring it along "just in case".

I'm 5'11" and I weigh 210lbs, I have a Large Sitka Kelvin Down Hoody and it works perfectly for me. I hunt in the western mountains of Montana and have worn my hoody in sub zero weather with just my 5-11 long underwear and standard shirt on under the jacket and was perfectly comfortable sitting on the ground for several hours.
You are wired completely different from me. I can last in a tree stand for an hour or two with minimal layers.....but I'm talking about sitting all day or at least from pre daylight till 1:00-2:00 in the afternoon. My feet suffer the worst but if it's a wind chill of 10-15 F, I require some serious layering to keep from becoming so cold I head for the lodge.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.