The Tale of the 6.5 PRC

FlyGuy11

Things I didn't know and help for all of the 6.5 PRC soles out there:
  • Bullets
    • Berger Elite Hunter 140 gr on back-order (I back-ordered through MidSouth Shooters)
    • Berger 156 gr. EOL are available but was looking for the 140 gr.
    • Hornady 143 gr ELD-X waitlist
  • Ammunition and Brass are a pain in the backside
    • Ammunition for the most part is sold-out unless your willing to pay the price gougers
    • ADG waitlist
    • Hornady sold out and really not a fan of their brass
    • gunwerks I'm not that rich
    • Nosler December 2020 maybe
      • Same for the reloading data
Solution: Order and wait for back-orders to be delivered because the hunt isn't until 2021 thank goodness.

• Bullets
    • Berger Elite Hunter 140 gr on back-order (I back-ordered through MidSouth Shooters)
    • Ammunition for the most part is sold-out unless your willing to pay the price gougers
    • ADG waitlist
Solution: Order and wait for back-orders to be delivered because the hunt isn't until 2021 thank goodness.
Gunwerks brass is priced at 100pcs, adg is priced at 50pcs. They cost the same. I've used gunwerks and adg 6.5 prc and there's no difference between the two(both made by adg). If gunwerks is available, get it. I've been lucky enough that when my gunwerks brass has showed up in its bag packaging, there's been 2-3 extra pieces thrown in. Just my experience.

You put a good brake on that and she won't have any issue shooting it. My nephew is hunting with my browning hells canyon speed in 300 prc and it's 8lbs scoped. He's extremely skinny. I think he's only 100 lbs. He will have no issue shooting it.

I just went thru the bullet battle. And finally found some 225 ELDms, because the 212 is non Existent. It's a struggle for all the calibers right now!

I topped this with a 3-15x56. Absolutely love the scope. Everyone tells me that I'm gonna lose the zero eventually but it's super clear and the low
Light is amazing!

I ordered a Terminator 2 brake from a guy's store on here called Shoot-Long. The break is super expensive so I hope it lives up to its YouTube videos.
https://www.shoot-long.com/product/terminator-muzzle-brakes-t1-t2-t3-t4-t5-t6-tt-t3b-ta-te/
The things dads do for their kids.

Right on! That will work great! The terminators aren't as popular on this forum but I see a lot of
Hype about them on Rokslide. I think they are probably the best out there right now!

The brake I'm working on prototyping right now is between the T1 and the T2, and will be comparable to the terminator line in recoil reduction. It's titanium though, and comes in at under 1 oz and 2.125" long for the 4 port.

Hope your daughters hunt comes together well! Ihooe my daughter will hunt with me! Still got another 8 years before that though!

My prc is a very nice shooting rifle. I run a suppressor so it's very mellow but it is no joke hard hitting 6.5. Very similar to the 6.5-284 with a touch more umph. She should be fine with it.

• Bullets
    • ADG waitlist
You might try Hammer bullets. Don't know about their availabilty right now but the 139 gr'er shoots well in mine

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.