The Tac15i tastes buck blood for the first time!

Twanger

Mostly the PSE Tac15 has been letting the air outta does this year, but we got covered up with bucks last night. Finally as the light was waning this young buck made the Tac a 22-yard shot offering that it couldn't refuse.

The buck made it about 50 yards before crashing like the Hindenburg. No question about him going down.

Here's a pic. I used the normal tactic of sitting way behind the deer and holding his head out away from me so that the antlers look bigger than they really are. :D

He's now at the butcher, soon to be made into Jalapeno-Cheddar sausage. Yum. :rolleyes:

buck_Sept19_2012.jpg

Here's a pic. I used the normal tactic of sitting way behind the deer and holding his head out away from me so that the antlers look bigger than they really are.

Nice try, but it didn't work very well:D

I'm not even worried about the shoulder anymore.
I shot through a small doe Saturday and the arrow was buried more than 12-inches into hard earth. This thing penetrates like mad.

It's a little hard on broadheads. :rolleyes:

You should try the slick trick magnum broadheads. They are nasty. I used the 100 gr on an elk and it tore the lungs to pieces. I double lunged him and he ran about 30 yds and slid down the ravine about another 10-20 yds and died right there. I think it was dead in about 4-5 minutes total. The good thing is that you can just buy new blades and replace the damaged ones. Give them a look on the Internet.

Sounds good. Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm looking for a good solid head that can take serious kinetic abuse.
The ferrule on the Steelhead XL is pretty bombproof... one of the toughest I've seen.
Most of the time they survive blasting them into the ground at close range after penetrating a deer.

I've busted the regular Slick Trick head with my vertical bow (68 ft-lb KE), but maybe those were older / weaker heads. I'd guess the magnum is much tougher.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.