The Summer Slump... . What are you working on?

I live in Massachusetts. While it's clearly in the "armpit" of the United States", I must admit that there is an abundance of like minded shooters/hunters, and numerous ranges, and shooting sports within easy driving distance.

Theres a youtube video of guys in MA shooting a pretty serious PRS match. My mind was blown watching that video. I was lurking around MA from 2006-2010 when I went to college in NY. I have been to Boston multiple times and hung out with friends at Harvard and Boston College. I honeslty had an awful bias toward people from MA. I thought of a bunch spoiled, beta male, frat boys and ultra feminist, spoiled, daddy girls.

I'm glad to know that there is a different culture up there, that I regretfully didnt get to meet. Hopefully the population of guys like you keeps growing. Anyway beautiful state, just didnt care for certain people.

That video was surely our club in Granby, Ma. Yes, very serious shooters, great guys, and exceptionally challenging COF's. HA-HA. Raised a country boy myself, it's a strange place to live. Once you get inside a 20 mi radius of Boston you're on a different planet!!!

That video was surely our club in Granby, Ma. Yes, very serious shooters, great guys, and exceptionally challenging COF's. HA-HA. Raised a country boy myself, it's a strange place to live. Once you get inside a 20 mi radius of Boston you're on a different planet!!!

Greyfox, don't think that Boston is the only city like that. Come to our little town of Cape May.

Yup sure was!!

I live in Massachusetts. While it's clearly in the "armpit" of the United States", I must admit that there is an abundance of like minded shooters/hunters, and numerous ranges, and shooting sports within easy driving distance.
I live a 2 hours north of the mass border. I haven't met many people up here that like to shoot as much as I do.

The "Wild Bunch"(3 and 4 year old grand kids) and I are shooting dinosaurs. Using Nerf bolt rifles with scope bought at Walmart. They are getting pretty good at taking out the $2 dinosaurs also bought at Walmart. I am a little worried. Thought the FBI might be looking for me. If ya'll do not hear from me for a while here is why. The four year old was ask by his teacher. "What is your favorite thing to do?" He answered "getting his gun and going hunting with his G-Paw".

The "Wild Bunch"(3 and 4 year old grand kids) and I are shooting dinosaurs. Using Nerf bolt rifles with scope bought at Walmart. They are getting pretty good at taking out the $2 dinosaurs also bought at Walmart. I am a little worried. Thought the FBI might be looking for me. If ya'll do not hear from me for a while here is why. The four year old was ask by his teacher. "What is your favorite thing to do?" He answered "getting his gun and going hunting with his G-Paw".

You're definitely spending life in prison for child endangerment!

You've spent enough time shooting to be able to hit milk jugs at 1300 yards. Lol you're gonna like shooting more than most ppl anywhere you live
I try to get people into it with me. Unfortunately they dont have the interest or zeal. My dad is the only other guy I know that comes close to the amount of rounds I shoot in a year which leads to another whole problem in itself as I'm not made of money lol. Which is why I shoot hornady bullets. Even then, I wait til the are on sale for 20% off then I buy a 500 sleeve. I've got enough hornady bullets in 6.5 piled up to last me about a year (7boxes), but at my current rate it's not going to last that long.

Last edited:
Was working on a couple rifles until it warmed up. So haven't been shooting a rifle much lately. Plus had to take a little time out to help my son install a new septic system. Will probably fall back on a couple rifles that are already proven for this fall. Have been practicing with my bow lately getting ready for elk season here in eastern Oregon. Going out with son and grandkids tommorow to put up some game cameras. Then will take the trailer out Monday and set up Archery camp and start doing some scouting. And continue practicing with the bow. And all the while trying to get this dad blame new knee that was installed a while ago, working. Lucky my horse doesn't care which side I get on from.

Work, work, work. 6days week. Did get some vacation time in to get both my younger twin daughters .308s in the new Boyd's AT-ONE stocks resighted in and ge them some trigger time. Had chance a that time to put few rounds through a project rifle I got from pawn shop last October. That didn't go well, the cheap center/point scope that was on it is definitely garbage can bound.
Tried to sight it in and elevation knob wouldn't go low enough to put it on paper at 100y well where I wanted it anyway Bottomed out and then rear scope ring bolt stripped out. Oh well all going to be replaced. Replacing roof on storage shed this next couple weekends. Most important trying to spend quality time with my twin daughters (17in nov) they are my hunting companions no matter what. Heidi scheduled will be gell next 2 years so hunting with them this season may be bit short. But got Spokane Indians ball game to go to, and muscle car show to drag them to. Which luckily for me they really enjoy doing.
Everyone stay cool as possible, enjoy family time and happy shooting

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.