The Summer Slump... . What are you working on?

Been getting ready for a muzzleloader hunt for cow elk. My wife and I both drew tags so now it's getting the traditional muzzleloader to up to par. Or my shooting that is haha. This thing is hard for me to shoot accurately at 100 yards. Going out again this morning to work on it some more and have my wife take a few shots.

Couple things I've done in the last month. Tore my deck off and pored a stamped concrete patio. Then took my old deck up to my grandmas and built her a little patio. Today I pillar and glass bedde my 700 classic 6.5x55

Attachments

• IMG_2772.JPG
    IMG_2772.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2808.JPG
    IMG_2808.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_2813.JPG
    IMG_2813.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2976.JPG
    IMG_2976.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2980.JPG
    IMG_2980.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2981.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    990.9 KB · Views: 298
That's exactky what I expected to hear. My 2016 Ram 2500 Heim is just so stiff, I can't imagine getting 100k without it rattling itself to pieces. I'm at 80k now.

I am planning on buying a Tacoma as my next daily driver. I like that they are assembled in US but it bothers me that the profits still go overseas.
A lot of it stays here, wags ECT. A lot of the big three are either made in another country or use a lot of parts that are. My 1999 says on the door ID plate that it was made in Mexico ! Now that country gets more of the money from that vehicle than does the USA ! I had General motors products that were made in Canada. And they all seem to have a foreign made vehicle with their name on it. Chevy's Trackers are the same as a Suzuki . Many of the Mazda and Ford Rangers are the same trucks. But I have had products made by all of the big three and also Suzuki, Toyota, and Nissan. If you don't want to be putting money in fixing something all the time, I would buy one of the last three products. They have been the most dependable vehicles that I have owned! Look at the consumers report guide for vehicles, they show the good and the bad points in all makes ! I am sorry but most foreign vehicles from the far east shine over American! I understand that some are 100% USA made ! They have their own parts factories in the USA creating more jobs for Americans !

Well ! I have had at least 6 dodge products cars and trucks, all with the exception of an older style,70's power wagon have had to have new front ends put under them including the one I have now, ball joints & tie rod ends ECT. I think they have great power and motors but the front ends don't seem to last for me. I just got a small pickup, a 2002 Nissan Frontier it seems to work well so far. I had a full size Nissan Titan that I sold a couple years ago that worked real well but was hard on gas. I have also had 3 small Toyota pickups and loved all of them. They were regular cabs and I went to the Titan to get more room. My Frontier is a four door 6 ft. bed so I still have plenty of room. As far as dependability the Toyotas and the Nissans I think are hard to beat! And most are made in America ! Good luck with what ever you go with.
Dodge has always had a fantastic drive train but the rest of the truck tends to fall apart piece by piece.

They have never designed a front end heavy enough for the big block gas engines much less the diesels.

All of the dedicated dodge guys I know just consider rebuilding front ends as part of normal maintenance.

A lot of it stays here, wags ECT. A lot of the big three are either made in another country or use a lot of parts that are. My 1999 says on the door ID plate that it was made in Mexico ! Now that country gets more of the money from that vehicle than does the USA ! I had General motors products that were made in Canada. And they all seem to have a foreign made vehicle with their name on it. Chevy's Trackers are the same as a Suzuki . Many of the Mazda and Ford Rangers are the same trucks. But I have had products made by all of the big three and also Suzuki, Toyota, and Nissan. If you don't want to be putting money in fixing something all the time, I would buy one of the last three products. They have been the most dependable vehicles that I have owned! Look at the consumers report guide for vehicles, they show the good and the bad points in all makes ! I am sorry but most foreign vehicles from the far east shine over American! I understand that some are 100% USA made ! They have their own parts factories in the USA creating more jobs for Americans !
Yep, most of the actual components used by the big three are made in other countries and assembled here and of course they have assembly plants in MX as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.