The start of a lightweight build.

Am I reading these reviews correctly? Both the Nanook and AnTi CANNOT use AICS style mags?
Not sure about AICS mags, but...

I am using Accurate WSM mags in both of my AnTi X SA mag bolt face (6.5SS and 7SS). They feed just fine.

And, I will be using Accurate .308 mags in my Kelbly Nanook SA standard bolt face (25CM that I have already test cycled numerous rounds through). I called and actually talked to Ian Kelbly. He said a center feed mag will work with the Nanook. So I bought Hawkins M5 DBM and Accurate mags, and they work just fine in my mock up (action, DBM bolted into stock before barrel was installed). I am running my second Nanook SA with a Hawkins M5 Oberndorf BDL set up with Wyatt's extended box and follower.

On the thread drift. From where I stand is the nanook 500$ better. Anti is right around a grand and change kelby is 1550. Whilst I've felt smoother actions than the defiance, is it a half more expensive slicker? Genuine question not trying to nit pick, I've a kidd 1022 trigger in a weight that can be done with a 32$ drop in kit. So I'm open to the idea that one thing that functions measurably they same can be subjectively 10x more valuable. Just curios if the kelby really is that good?

That's a good point. Another thing I'll need to consider is the cost of extra bolts. I do want to end up with all three so I can really use this as a do all hunting rifle.

I am waiting on a call any day for a 280ai build with a Anti X. Started out with a target weight of a ready to hunt at 8.5 lbs. unloaded. I am not obsessing with weight savings, but would like to end up under 9#. Now with a suppressor and other things added I'm not sure if it will make my target. It will have 24" Proof Sendero CF so that will add a few ounces. If I could justify the TT 315 financially, I would not hesitate to add a few ounces there. I cycled the Anti X at the range before I placed the order. I did feel a little roughness for lack of a better description with a full magazine, but it still functioned perfectly and was smoother than any factory rifle I own. Good luck with your journey.

Doesn't really seem like a true "lightweight" build with the stock choice...so I would recommend a Bighorn Origin and then run as many bolt heads and barrels as your heart desires...and for under a $1,000.

Doesn't really seem like a true "lightweight" build with the stock choice...so I would recommend a Bighorn Origin and then run as many bolt heads and barrels as your heart desires...and for under a $1,000.
Lightweight is a relative term. For me what's being listed will be lighter then current hunting rifles.
Nothing wrong with the Origin, I've had one. Just not my cup of tea.

If it helps at all with your build options. 9.8 pounds unloaded
Manners LA LRH
Lone peak fusion titanium
Proof carbon sendeo 300 PRC
Titanium CA break
Nightforce 7x35x56 ATACR (taken off my target gun)
Trigger tech
—definitely can shave some weight of needed with another scope

Attachments

• 1090BCFC-62FB-4097-923D-6496F2C45EF7.jpeg
    1090BCFC-62FB-4097-923D-6496F2C45EF7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
If it helps at all with your build options. 9.8 pounds unloaded
Manners LA LRH
Lone peak fusion titanium
Proof carbon sendeo 300 PRC
Titanium CA break
Nightforce 7x35x56 ATACR (taken off my target gun)
Trigger tech
—definitely can shave some weight of needed with another scope
Very sharp build! How do you like the LP?