The Smell of Gunpowder

Lethal_Chica

Who does not like the smell of gunpowder and smoke coming from a barrel?? And pink shells to boot! Might not be rifle powder, but fun shooting nonetheless! These are a few photos I took of my girlfriends at the trap range during a day of shooting and shenanigans!

1594653347591.png

1594653494564.png

1594653530383.png

When I was seven, I had a single shot Ithaca lever action .22. That and my dads 9mm is all I had shot. One morning my dad got me up early and walked me out back of my grandfather's lake cabin, with my grandfather' single shot 20 gauge. I killed my first animal... a squirrel that morning and I can remember how awesome that spent shell smelled. To this day, the smell of a shotshell or squirrel takes me back to that morning 52 years ago.⁹

OK, this is perfect opportunity for a candle that smells like a fresh piece of brass that you just picked up from killing a deer, elk etc. How many of you lifted that piece of brass to your nose afterward?

Always Muddyboots, always. I'd be worried about the ones that don't, what is wrong with them Lol.

Shotgun powder is different though, it has a different and stronger smell that is addictive.

That smell of it takes me back to duck hunting with my dad, setting up at 5 am and just wait for the sunrise, he had coffee and I had hot cocoa. Then around 9:30 am we'd move to the edge of the old corn fields and hit the doves as they flew by on their way to eat, and the occasional gambels quail.

We'd go through 300+ shells in one weekend, reason why he got in to reloading. Lots of birds to eat, and I mean a lot of them. Those were some awesome and special times that I plan on replicating with my son.

Stay safe

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.