The search for the ideal LRH vest

captainjoe

For the past couple of years I have been google searching for the perfect long range hunting vest. Here's some of the features that I am looking for:

1. Ideally it would have a clever design of pockets or some sort of modular system for a range finder, GPS, portable weather station, spare clip, ammo, etc.

2. I usually hunt with a side arm and a cross draw holster would be nice like the one on the Blackhawk Omega Elite Vest Cross Draw/Pistol Mag . I find sidearm is very useful if something runs out in front of you at close range and you don't have time to get your rifle on it in time.

3. I need a blaze orange version of the vest. It seems I must be living in the only State that requires a lot of orange! (ever try to find a good hunting back pack made in blaze orange as opposed to camo?)

4. Durable and lightweight, repels water.

Does anyone know if there is such a vest out there somewhere? Probably the closest that I have found is the Primos Hunting Vest - https://shop.primos.com/pc-933-87-gunhunters-vest.aspx Aside from this, I haven't found anything close particularly in orange.

What features would be your ideal LRH vest have?

Last edited:
blackhawk.com under hunting gear. Also most if not all of the tactical gear makers will do custom work on request. Try Tactical tailor

I haven't been able to find an orange vest on blackhawk.com. I did however after some more googling found one at this site: Hunting, Tactical & Concealed Carry Vests It does come in orange and I have asked for some better pictures as the ones there are too small to really study the design of it.

Here is a link to try: www.[B]pacforest[/B]supply.com/

I am a forester in Idaho and have the vest that can be found at the above link. The vest has a spot for gps, multiple pockets, made of nylon fabric, and is blaze orange. I carry a gun in the inside pocket. check it out and tell us what you think.

Here is a link to try: www.pacforestsupply.com/

I am a forester in Idaho and have the vest that can be found at the above link. The vest has a spot for gps, multiple pockets, made of nylon fabric, and is blaze orange. I carry a gun in the inside pocket. check it out and tell us what you think.

Interesting vest. thanks for the link!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts