The Right Bullet for 6.5-300 Weatherby Mag

I'm pushing the 123 AH right at 3,500 & 1/2 MOA out of a 24" 6.5 Sherman Max. Pretty potent combo. Gives me a psychological boost whenever I got a Hammer in the chamber because I know I can pretty much take on any shot scenario and expect good results.

(not a shabby high-speed entrance hole here from a 123 AH that ran through a large WT doe almost end for end starting in the driver's side rear ham 🤠)
That will leave a mark!

I doubt his rifle has enough twist for the 135 SBD-2. He could try the 125 BD-2, but they'll launch a bit slower than the 124 HH and won't hold together quite as well at closer ranges/higher velocity.

Probably not, that's why I made the statements I did:

The best performance I've managed so far is from the Badlands 135 grain SBZ-2. Lots of legs for those potentially longer shots and remaining energy for those bigger bodied elk hunts.

Simply a statement of my selection not necessarily for his use in an existing rifle.

This doesn't push away the Hammer bullets at all,

I specifically stayed away from the 125 due to previous tests.

Enjoy!

:)

Not a thing wrong with running the 156 EOL. It comes as a factory option. I've worked up a hand load with it, as well. Slightly faster than factory with VV N570, and better groups.

When I get some time, I've got a couple boxes of 150 ABLR's to try out. The 142 was reasonably impressive, too. I know the ABLR isn't for everyone, but I've had good luck with them.

Just saw you are running 869. Not too fast. You may have room to push a bit more. I will say I have not been a fan of it when pushing the pressure. I think guys have done well with Ramshot lrt.

The 156 is a harder bullet. I wouldn't hesitate to run it. In my 6.5-300. I run the 124 hammers. It has been a lot of fun. Before hammers was the 127 lrx. Attached are pictures of the animals I took from 157 yards to 683. The antelope was at 683. The white tail buck was at 397, the elk was at 157. None of them took a step. I switched to hammers because Barnes didn't wanna take care of the customer and I wanted a bullet that shed fragmented and made some different wound channels. I will sash I'm not running the 124's at 3600. Im running them at 3400 which is still no slouch. I had them up over 3500 but es was ulgy and over 600 my accuracy was horrible.
Thanks for your input đź‘Ť