The PRC die "problem"

If you've got two sets of resizing dies, here's a poor man's solution... Required a side grinder with a metal cutting blade and submerging the die under water while cutting off the top and some of the bottom off a spare full length resizing die... If you own or have access to a lathe, even better.

Whidden made me three resizing dies for my 338 Lapua Rogue. Tried they're darndest, yet none of them were small enough in ID to sufficiently resize near the case head. I cried uncle and modified one of the spare resizing dies to resize my cases near the case head. It's a very special "customized", custom Whidden resizing die. :) Look's like I found it in a dumpster, but it works superbly. It's very adjustable. I adjust it down on the case during resizing just enough for easy chambering.

Look's like I should apply for a patent.

View attachment 226632
Have done that myself, it works.

Has anyone opened up there chambers with the aw2 reamer I'm having a issue on extraction after three shot group third shot barrel is warm and case does not want to come out. First and second shot comes out nice then after that it's hard to remove brass

Has anyone opened up there chambers with the aw2 reamer I'm having a issue on extraction after three shot group third shot barrel is warm and case does not want to come out. First and second shot comes out nice then after that it's hard to remove brass
There are a few people in this thread that have. Just need to read the entire thread. I'm waiting for my 65 prc reamer to come in.

There are a few people in this thread that have. Just need to read the entire thread. I'm waiting for my 65 prc reamer to come in.
When did you order and how long of a wait has it been? I was looking at ordering one. What is jgs running price?

Strange. Never had that happen. I'm on my 6th reload with hornady brass and rcbs die. No issues. Adg had to be sized with custom whidden after 4x. Lapau has 1x and tight and needs custom die. Weird deal there. I've never had a hot chamber be an issue. Makes me wonder about your load or powder. Hit load or sensitive powder?

So I am running lapua brass and hornday custom dies and running a 153 a tip with ramshot magnum powder and max load is up around 61 for book and in one of the rifles I dropped down to 58-59 grains and first two shots east extraction third getting a little stuck and 4th harder and 5th have to tap bolt handle I have ran up to the 61 grains and started seeing extractor marks on cold bore easy removal. And then even at 58 grains you cannot stick that brass back in chamber and close bolt with out stiffness and then the brass is stuck and have to tap bolt handle to remove

So I am running lapua brass and hornday custom dies and running a 153 a tip with ramshot magnum powder and max load is up around 61 for book and in one of the rifles I dropped down to 58-59 grains and first two shots east extraction third getting a little stuck and 4th harder and 5th have to tap bolt handle I have ran up to the 61 grains and started seeing extractor marks on cold bore easy removal. And then even at 58 grains you cannot stick that brass back in chamber and close bolt with out stiffness and then the brass is stuck and have to tap bolt handle to remove
Sure seems like a hit chamber is causing a psi spike. Velocity and barrel length?

Hmmm. Maybe do a test and shoot 1. Wait 5 min on a open chamber. Repeat for 5 shots. What is your temperature currently? Seems like a psi spike to me
Seems like the normal with the 6.5 PRC to me. I've got one and had clickers after 4 firings on the brass. ADG brass for me. 24 pages of clicker discussions here and multiple other threads about the same.

Seems like the normal with the 6.5 PRC to me. I've got one and had clickers after 4 firings on the brass. ADG brass for me. 24 pages of clicker discussions here and multiple other threads about the same.
Really. He's having issues firing a string not after x reloads. Literally said 1-3 shots are fine then issues 4-5. That's shots not reloads. Never heard of anyone having this issue unless it's a hot chamber and high psi loads. I don't know anything about ram shot

Have you run any other brass in your rig? We need more details. Lapua brass is just released any many of us here have not used it. Not much experience here with the Lapua.

Hmmm. Maybe do a test and shoot 1. Wait 5 min on a open chamber. Repeat for 5 shots. What is your temperature currently? Seems like a psi spike to me
So I have been shooting all summer with both of them of shoot one switch rifles shoot one and prolly 5 to ten minutes between shots and no issue and this last week I did a three shot string and I was shooting right about 3k FPS with them and then the wife shot hers and she couldn't remove brass no bolt lift at all and that was at 60 grains so I dropped it down to 58 and it did the same thing after third shot started getting hard out side temps were about 60-70

Recent Posts