The PRC die "problem"

^^^^ 100% agree. Save your time and money and just do what Alex has said. It works and will save you a lot of headaches and money trying all the possible fixes.

Wish I would've done it sooner myself, but after speaking with him I decided to go for it and solved my problems. Maybe they will adopt his reamer specs as SAAMI someday.

You deserve more credit for everything you've done. Thank you Alex!

Rich, we're you able to squeeze down previously fired brass to meet your requirements? I'm hoping that would be your experience....
Yes, Mine work perfectly.
Im not suggesting not to do with Alex says on the PRC at all!
Im just saying that SAAMI and custom are not the same, and my dies were done correctly in the first place.

Hornady makes my dies and PRC dies. My 30 SM is a PRC parent and my dies are just fine! It took 2 tries, but Ben at Hornady worked with me and we have zero problems now.
Yes, Mine work perfectly.
Im not suggesting not to do with Alex says on the PRC at all!
Im just saying that SAAMI and custom are not the same, and my dies were done correctly in the first place.
I still get clickers on 6.5 max above 3140 from a 26" bartlein with N570. I know the whidden max dies sized noticeably more than my Hornady dies unfortunately. Not a big fan of Hornady sizing dies. The whidden were 7max and sold with another rifle. So Horandy is all I got to play with. For the price for custom Hornady dies, they sure should come with a micrometer top. Just saying.

Just throwing in another data point. Just passed 4 firings on my 6.5 PRC Hornady brass with Hornady sizing die. No clickers. I can definitely see where on the brass the die stops sizing. Widest point I could measure on 5 casings was 0.533 right at the spot where the sizing die stops. Barrel is a rock creek savage prefit spun up by PVA a few years back.

Just throwing in another data point. Just passed 4 firings on my 6.5 PRC Hornady brass with Hornady sizing die. No clickers. I can definitely see where on the brass the die stops sizing. Widest point I could measure on 5 casings was 0.533 right at the spot where the sizing die stops. Barrel is a rock creek savage prefit spun up by PVA a few years back.
Is the 533 dimension fired or sized? The saami chamber is 535 at the 0.200" line.

Is the 533 dimension fired or sized? The saami chamber is 535 at the 0.200" line.
Can't believe he isn't having issues. That wouldn't even chamber in my rifles.

FDAD8871-BCAB-47BC-A26C-2EAA2DE8D299.png

The picture you posted is max cartridge measurements. Min saami reamer measurements are next picture down.

The picture you posted is max cartridge measurements. Min saami reamer measurements are next picture down.
At 5315 I can barely chamber a round. At 532 it's a risk of beating the bolt to extract. Never heard of anyone still now able to chamber 533

At 5315 I can barely chamber a round. At 532 it's a risk of beating the bolt to extract. Never heard of anyone still now able to chamber 533
Is that a custom chamber or oem? Wonder if a dull reamer was used perhaps. I had previously posted saami web was 535, and it's 533.

Is that a custom chamber or oem? Wonder if a dull reamer was used perhaps.
Proof research and x caliber carbon.
So far anyone running 5315 has an issue. I'm several pages and forums and all the data is the same. Never heard anyone getting away with 533