The PRC die "problem"

ok I read it all.Made my head hurt because I just getting a 6.5 prc.24'' proof,1:8,Defiance anti,put together recent by River Bend Gunsmith.I do not have as of yet.But want to get dies brass etc.So it sound like maybe Hornady brass,and Redding die or... I also want to shoot probably 156 eol or something close.Advise wanted

Here's a picture of the specs from JGS and the name is listed in the lower right corner.

image.jpg

ok I read it all.Made my head hurt because I just getting a 6.5 prc.24'' proof,1:8,Defiance anti,put together recent by River Bend Gunsmith.I do not have as of yet.But want to get dies brass etc.So it sound like maybe Hornady brass,and Redding die or... I also want to shoot probably 156 eol or something close.Advise wanted
ask your builder what his specs are on his reamer he should have a print for it..

I'm positive I've posted this before — I'm definitely no gunsmith, but I've personally hand reamed a couple of 6.5 PRC's with the AW2 Reamer and it's very easy. I made a little extension so you don't have to remove the barrel. (JGS sells them too I believe)
Minimal material removal. Take your time and use lots of cutting fluid👍
Would you consider renting your reamer for hand reaming? If so how much?

Yes im waiting on rifle hpoe to get Friday ,then ask on reamer,bought new,but useded.Have some hornady ammo coming going to reload and a rcbs match master.Hope no clickers well see.

Has anybody shot factory ammo in their AW2 chamber?

I know the AW2 chamber is designed to address resizing issues but I would like to know if factory ammo will still shoot well in the bigger chamber?

Yes im waiting on rifle hpoe to get Friday ,then ask on reamer,bought new,but useded.Have some hornady ammo coming going to reload and a rcbs match master.Hope no clickers well see.
hornady brass you will likely not see any problems its when you throw that bullet hard ADG at er that it will rear its ugly head and your dies are some of the best "off the shelf dies" I've used

I reamed my 6.5 PRCs with the AW2 reamer last weekend. It took no longer than 30 minutes to hand ream both chambers with the barrels on. Afterwards, I thoroughly cleaned both rifles and took them to the range with 4x fired ADG brass I previously had troubles with. Both rifles functioned perfectly while completely eliminating clickers and tight cases.