The PRC die "problem"

Ok, just finished reading 28 pages, 379 post of great information. However, to make sure things did not get diluted in my head during that process, I ask these questions:

1. I am currently waiting on Bartlein to spin up a 26" CFW 300PRC 1:8 barrel (basically a pre-fit, as they will be chambering it for me) that will go on a Impact Precision 787R action. Should I ask the guys in the shop what reamer they are using (to determine if the additional chamber space is there) or purchase a reamer from JGS, to be donated to them, and ask them to use it?

2. If I purchase the Redding FL sizing die, in combination with having the chamber opened up as specified in this thread, will the most likely eliminate the "clicker" issue? I have about 800 Hornady 212 and 225 pieces of factory ammo as well as about 600 pieces of new Lapua brass, so that is what I will be using for some time.

Sorry if this should be clear, there was just a lot of back and forth and want to make sure I get it straight before the barrel is done.

Thanks in advance,
C2K

My opinion only hand reaming (AW-JGS) two different rifles chambered in 6.5 PRC.
1) I would ask them before purchasing the AW-JGS reamer
2) "My" Redding dies are now working well with ADG brass (3rd Firing - I have heard I "could possibly" have issues in 4th/5th firings due to ADG web thickness)

Hopes this helps a little........

My opinion only hand reaming (AW-JGS) two different rifles chambered in 6.5 PRC.
1) I would ask them before purchasing the AW-JGS reamer
2) "My" Redding dies are now working well with ADG brass (3rd Firing - I have heard I "could possibly" have issues in 4th/5th firings due to ADG web thickness)

Hopes this helps a little........
^^^^^ This, you want the AW reamer. After that you should be good with any brass and die combo I imagine. A 8 twist will probably pressure up a little faster also than a 9 or 10 twist.

Should I ask the guys in the shop what reamer they are using (to determine if the additional chamber space is there) or purchase a reamer from JGS, to be donated to them, and ask them to use it?
You don't have to donate it to them, they should give it back to you when they're done. I know of several shops that will use tools you bring in for them to use so long as they meets their quality standards and advances the project.

I have looked on both Wheeler website as well as JGS and don't see a AW2 reamer, is this something that is built upon request?
If you contact JGS they will have a AW2 spec reamer print for 65 and 300 prc when they cut your reamer order. Wheeler doesn't sell reamers. If you're looking for a smith who has AW spec reamers on hand to ream an existing chamber, I know of 3.

If you contact JGS they will have a AW2 spec reamer print for 65 and 300 prc when they cut your reamer order. Wheeler doesn't sell reamers. If you're looking for a smith who has AW spec reamers on hand to ream an existing chamber, I know of 3.
Would you care to let me (us) know who they are. If they are close to me western wyoming I would definitely get my 2 6.5 prc's done.
Thank you

Would you care to let me (us) know who they are. If they are close to me western wyoming I would definitely get my 2 6.5 prc's done.
Thank you
The 3 I know of, are Alex Wheeler, Manzella Precision both in MT, the 3rd is Dallas Lane of Lane Precision Rifles in Idaho. Check with straight jacket armory in Evanston WY, they may have one as well.

I'm positive I've posted this before — I'm definitely no gunsmith, but I've personally hand reamed a couple of 6.5 PRC's with the AW2 Reamer and it's very easy. I made a little extension so you don't have to remove the barrel. (JGS sells them too I believe)
Minimal material removal. Take your time and use lots of cutting fluid👍

Attachments

• DAA2EB6B-0340-4508-9505-B0041F2AABD8.jpeg
    DAA2EB6B-0340-4508-9505-B0041F2AABD8.jpeg
    462.5 KB · Views: 110
  • A879A3D6-D5C7-4820-B16A-254E272F7FDA.jpeg
    A879A3D6-D5C7-4820-B16A-254E272F7FDA.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 126