The PRC die "problem"

Good Morning. I was just on the phone with Bullet Central and they are having a Team Meeting regarding the problems with the PRC Dies. Luke is working on the solution with the new dimensions. They did say that there is a run that is being nitrided soon but I am not sure if these are the corrected dies.
They already have dies out in the public. The ones in nitride now are small base dimensions, very tight as in set to size smaller than new brass. I believe the ones from the first run that are already in circulation are small base dimension as well. Hard to say what will happen? My die should be here in a month or so.

Last edited:
The BC die will be your best bet for a saami chamber. It will do the best it can given the situation with this chambering. It would not be ideal for my chamber. I talked with them about an idea I have to make it work as well as possible. For my reamer, the tighter factory dies should do. Or I can give them specs for my chamber but Im not sure if that would be worth while to them. I dont know how many they could sell. I noticed something with this brass that makes me want to test out a different design in a sizing die so I will still be doing a run because I want to see if it does what I hope.

Last edited:
The BC die will be your best bet for a saami chamber. It will do the best it can given the situation with this chambering. It would not be ideal for my chamber. I talked with them about an idea I have to make it work as well as possible. For my reamer, the tighter factory dies should do. Or I can give them specs for my chamber but Im not sure if that would be worth while to them. I dont know how many they could sell. I noticed something with this brass that makes me want to test out a different design in a sizing die so I will still be doing a run because I want to see if it does what I hope.
Alex will your run of dies be specific to your chamber?

Yes, but they will be similar to a factory spec. or least what it should be. Dont wait on me though. Its way down my list of things I need to get done.

It sounds like the modified chamber with tighter factory spec dies would be the best solution? At least until (if) Alex does that other die...
Lots of guys seem to be getting good results opening up the chambers with their factory dies if they are in spec. My preference is Hornady custom shop dies.

Last edited:
I just got mine back after having it opened up. Problem solved for now. I'll know for sure after resizing the 3x fired ADG brass again.

Recent Posts