The Perfert 338 Lapua Mag Build

I've heard good things about the Eratac and Ivey adjustable scope mounts, there's also the Cold shot MRAB/MOAB…but I don't know anything about the last one. I personally prefer the form factor of the Eratac. I was going to try one for my ZCO but they only make the 36mm ones in ~0.8" height. The 34mm ones come in several heights and you can get one that adjusts in 5 mil increments up to 20 mils (They also have MOA if that's what you prefer). With a 40 MOA base that would give you about 55 mils of adjustment using you 7-35 ATACR plus whatever you can hold in your reticle. Alternatively you could get a Charlie or Micro Charlie Tarac.
Chase just a question you stated that "With a 40 MOA base that would give you about 55 mils of adjustment using you 7-35 ATACR plus whatever you can hold in your reticle". 40 MOA converted to Mills is 11.53 mils not 55 Mlis. MOA is calculated by 1 Mill = 3.47 MOA.
It is either too late at night or I am missing the conversion between Mills and MOA.

Thanks
Len

The scope has 125 min. Of elevation possible with correct base .

Then I have the 200 min. VALDADA adj. base in the picture . It's close to 325 min. Total . My rifle would run out of gas at 325 min. !! Ha ha
I sold that rifle and have things going together for a 2 mile attempt this fall .

This Vortex Razor is a Gen 1 . It has 25 min.more elevation than the gen two I believe .

The scope has 125 min. Of elevation possible with correct base .

Then I have the 200 min. VALDADA adj. base in the picture . It's close to 325 min. Total . My rifle would run out of gas at 325 min. !! Ha ha
I sold that rifle and have things going together for a 2 mile attempt this fall .

This Vortex Razor is a Gen 1 . It has 25 min.more elevation than the gen two I believe .
Sorry I didn't see where you had a VALADA. I am trying to get one now, waiting on a person that has one to respond to me. Thank you very much. I figure that I'll need up to 73 Mills or 253 Moa to get to 3,500 yrds. When I get the 338LMAI done I'll be very happy to get to 2K.

Thanks
Len

Chase just a question you stated that "With a 40 MOA base that would give you about 55 mils of adjustment using you 7-35 ATACR plus whatever you can hold in your reticle". 40 MOA converted to Mills is 11.53 mils not 55 Mlis. MOA is calculated by 1 Mill = 3.47 MOA.
It is either too late at night or I am missing the conversion between Mills and MOA.

Thanks
Len
I did the math wrong. I was off by 10 mils. ATACR 27mils/2=13.5. 40 MOA base gives you back 11.5 so now you could dial ~25. Add 20 mils with the Eratac=45.

Add that to whatever you can hold in your reticle.

Just another update on builds. It has been slow going trying to get the components that I want. For example try ordering an action from Defiance, Impact, BAT. Wait times are 7 to 13 months. I am very fortunate that I got a Defiance Deviant for the 6mmBR from a member on LRH. I wanted to get a single shot dual port for the 6.5X284 and almost impossible along with a 338 LM single shot. Well today I struck out. I have been in communication with Lester Bruno for a couple of months. I was lucky to get 1/2 dozen Krieger Barrel from him a month or so ago. Today, by chance, Lester got me a BAT MB Action dual port single shot for the 6.5X284 and also got a BAT "M" single shot dual port 338LM. In addition he just so happened to have Two McMillan XIT stocks so I got both of them.
Now just waiting for JGS to finish up the custom Reamers. Once they come in I can chamber the barrels, fit the stocks, put on optics and break them in. Working on these builds for a while, but it really takes a long time to get the right components. Hopefully will be done with the 338LMAI before years end and show some pictures. Oh and we were very very lucky to get some Retumbo & Varget this past weekend. Now have a stock of Retumbo, H-1000 and RL-26 to play with loads in the 338.

Just about read every post and WOW!!! Distances are WAY COOL!!! I'll be happy to get to the 1000 yard mark this winter but between the drive and everything else we shall see. Hope to see the build soon and then see the results also. Love to see the ELR shots!!!:) Good On Ya!!!!:)

Well I'm no pro and no Special training so here is what I have accomplished!
Put together a 338 Edge , 300 gr bergers at 2850 ft.per.sec. 29" 1/10 twist Kreiger heavy Palma barrel with a radial brake . I had the 300 Rum brass to neck up and a Remington action .
My personal best after my Open Heart Surgery was 3 in one hole at 100 yards and a 26 3/4" three shot group at 3027 yards . (1.72 miles )
It has a 55 moa base , 200 min. Valdada adj.base topped with two sets of Vortex rings and a Vortex Razor gen 1 .
I put this together on a semi tight budget.
To say it's been fun is a Understatement!
I have to shoot from a bench ..to lay prone is terrible pain to my chest .

Rum Man
I still regret not buying that gun from you..

Sure the build I'm putting together now will have more "cool" factor (300 terminator on a Terminus Kratos X) but I would be just as well off if I had just bought yours and been done with it lol.