The Perfert 338 Lapua Mag Build

Alex Wheeler

Just have them put a .300" freebore on your reamer. Thats what you want for a 300 Hybrid. It wont fit in a mag, you will need to do a 338 Norma imp to fit in a mag. You can run a 1 in 10 but most of the ones I do are 1 in 9 or 1 in 9.35 for the elr stuff. A little extra spin helps in the transonic.

Rum Man

Just have them put a .300" freebore on your reamer. Thats what you want for a 300 Hybrid. It wont fit in a mag, you will need to do a 338 Norma imp to fit in a mag. You can run a 1 in 10 but most of the ones I do are 1 in 9 or 1 in 9.35 for the elr stuff. A little extra spin helps in the transonic.
Alex would you use the same guidelines for a 338 Edge ? Asking for a friend !😃
Thank you !

Rum Man

Twolf

these rifles posted all look great ! Here`s what i have for a 338 Lapua = i took a new 338 Lapua Weatherby mark 5 Accumark that did not shoot very well, factory was no help either and rebarreled it with a custom Brux barrel ,chambered in a 338 Lapua with a brake , glass bedded the accumark stock, did a little trigger work, put a 8X32 Nightforce scope on . this rifle shoots real nice now. good luck to all this fall hunting ! Twolf

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Team Member
LRH Sponsor
The Perfect 338 Lapua Mag Build.
BRAKE!!!!
I will probably get a few answers on this one. Sending out for a reamer from JGS tomorrow (we decided on the AI version), have a few barrels ordered and some coming tomorrow. Probably going to order an action (BAT or IMPACT) tomorrow as well. Going with a McMillan stock, Bix & Andy trigger.
Want to get a really good BRAKE 3/4" x24.
What is the best and not necessarily the most expensive brake for our build???
Thanks
Len & Jill

Bghunter338

LRH Team Member
The Perfect 338 Lapua Mag Build.
BRAKE!!!!
I will probably get a few answers on this one. Sending out for a reamer from JGS tomorrow (we decided on the AI version), have a few barrels ordered and some coming tomorrow. Probably going to order an action (BAT or IMPACT) tomorrow as well. Going with a McMillan stock, Bix & Andy trigger.
Want to get a really good BRAKE 3/4" x24.
What is the best and not necessarily the most expensive brake for our build???
Thanks
Len & Jill
The ones I've been using are from Solomon river solutions. He has various sizes and calipers to choose from. @livetohunt

Last edited:

Dragoon300

LRH Team Member
I would recommend the
SureFire Muzzle Brake Adapter For the Socom338-Ti Suppressor, SFMB-338-3/4-24,
Then you have the option of going suppressed later.

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Team Member
LRH Sponsor
For your Build ..hands down the T-4 Terminator !
You wont make any friends at the Range but your Shoulder will Love ya ! 😀

Rum Man
I just watched a video on 13 different brakes on a 338. The T4 came in with the least recoil. Pretty awesome.
I need to check out the 419 sidewinder.

Update just looked at a comparison between the Sidewinder and T-4
T-4 won
Thanks

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Team Member
LRH Sponsor
I’m on vacation! But oh well… our brakes are very effective! And weight for performance, they can’t be beat! I think the T4 would be comparable to the Ti Pro Heavy.

Recent Posts