The Perfect Stalk

ADMIN

Administrator
Without a doubt, antelope are one of my favorite game species to hunt. Antelope are not as exotic an animal as elk or brown bear but they pose their own special challenges when attempting to stalk within a hundred yards or closer. A hunter has to be very aware of wind direction, terrain features, and where the animals are looking. Not long ago I guided my wife on her first antelope hunt. We met with some frustration the first day but managed to get everything right the following morning. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, The Perfect Stalk, By Nicholas Gebhardt. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice article. Very descriptive and I loved from the part crossing the open area to the end. Congratulations to your wife on her antelope.

The jacket she is wearing is the standard Army ACU pattern. I prefer more of a desert type camo for the eastern portion of MT but we didn't have any jackets of that type for the hunt, so she wore what she had in the closet.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.