The often discounted "flyer"

i only count flyers when i know it's my doing. if i flinch or jerk the trigger or my rest isnt completely solid. the rest of the time, it's not my fault šŸ˜

Did you fix by adding a crimp or removing a crimp?
Adding a consistent crimp. Consistency was the tricky part. Like fine tuning seating depth, you can fine tune the crimp as well. The hard part is then matching that every time because as great as the Lee FCD is, it lacks any fine tuning or reference points. Once it was dialed in though, that is when I glued that "lock ring" in place.

I brightened my day when I took 5, 5 shot groups and superimposed them on top of one another. I'd get 18-20 chewing out MOA hole. 5 slightly beyond MOA. Percentage wise that works in my book!

I was performing some reloading tests another day for my .223. Tried two different bullets over a large window of powder charge, leading to 16 groups of three shots, 5 charges on another bullet and 11 on another one. Not a single group was over MOA, and several were less than 1/2MOA. I think it is a real PITA to try to consistently shoot 1/2MOA groups, would at least be for me no matter how accurate the rifle, but keeping it sub MOA doesn't seem impossible. After all, sub-MOA is enough for almost any real world hunting I do.

When shooting from less than perfect position (=not bench or prone with bipod with a rear bag), I'm really struggling to keep anything under MOA. This is what I really should practice more.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.