The New Tangent Theta 5-25x56

You know, this thread reminds me of the rules on the classified ad thread.....rule 1 you are not allowed to hijack the thread complaining about the Sellers pricing.....

I get a lot of flac on benchrest primers and it aint even my price or my product.....

Just trying to help people.

So, I feel a little bad for Orkan.
Remember the golden rule.

Treat others as you would like to be treated if it was your deal.
This thread is in the toilet, I will derail it further. That rule is a good thing, because the invitations are abundant, this one caught my attn this am.
The unprepared fending off attacks from broke liberals, some days it is tough.

capture1.png

Orkan should check back, if nothing else this thread has over a 100 replies, last tt thread he started probably had less than 10 replies lol

If you think a $600 primer seater isn't for you then for sure don't buy it, but don't say it isn't worth it if you have no experience with it because it has an incredible amount of precision and can allow you to fine tune your priming. Same thing with an AMP annealer, if it is out of your league of shooting then don't buy it but there is no need to detract from its worth to those who shoot on that level. I own neither of the two but I may some day in the future. I do however own a TT 5-25x that is worth more than my daily driver car and it is better than than my 3 ATACR's that are each worth as much as my car. Save up some money and try a top level piece of gear because you might like it and if not you can always sell it for a very slight loss as all of the items retain their value very well. I work a side job or weekends if I want a top level piece of gear then sell it off if I don't feel it is worth it. I obviously don't put much into my vehicle as I beat it up hunting but it is mechanically sound.

I just got my email for renewal as a sponsor here.

Pretty sure I'm going to pass. I'll give it till the end of the week to decide. Posts in this thread, others like it, and statements like Paul made... have no place in a civilized society. How easily people marginalize me, my family, and the companies that produce products we carry. So many negative and hostile people on this site anymore. It's become nothing but a race to the bottom. Whoever can be the most confrontational wins. Such a sad display. So many people so certain of their views, yet how many rounds have they fired in the last year? How many videos have they produced? How many shooters have they helped? How many products have they invented? Have they done anything at all aside from sit at their screen and rip people down on forums every day?

Those of you that watch them do this, and disagree with it, but say nothing... are at fault too. You're more than willing to benefit from the contributions that content creators and inventors make, but you're unwilling to draw the ire of the negative loud mouths... so you'll sacrifice all that is good to spare yourselves the irritation of confrontation.

If I can't talk about the products we carry or methods we instruct on, without this kind of garbage taking place, then I guess there's no reason for me to hang around.

I have no expectation that anything I've typed will change anything. If it could, then it wouldn't have to be written. It's not my job to remove the bitterness from your hearts. It's certainly not my job to sit around here being belittled and watching the products we carry be attacked by people that haven't even held one in their hands. My contributions to this discipline are easy to find and stand on their own. They don't require defense, and I certainly don't have to explain my dedication to my purpose to hostile illogical people.

If you don't see another post from me after this, at least you know why. If I don't respond to your PM's, at least you'll know why. Maybe I'll check back in a year or two and see if Len has been able to teach people some common courtesy. Those of you that aren't busy polluting your lives with hate every day, you know my phone number.

Matthew 10:14

14 ​And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

Last edited:
Have ANY of you detractors owned a Tangent Theta?

Boy I sure am thankful of the treatment I'm getting as a sponsor of this site. Can't even promo a new product without people jumping in and telling everyone what they don't need.

You fellas keep up the good work of ripping people down. God Bless You.
I would buy one right now if they had at least a 6 power range or higher. You get what you pay for in life that's for sure but with optics like March with a 10 power range factor it's hard to spend over 5K on a 5-25. I have no doubt that they are worth every penny and I will definitely own one in the future but I'm just waiting for a new model with a larger power range. I like the new color though it looks awesome.

5k for a scope is absolutely ridiculous.
Why? Is 5K for a custom rifle ridiculous that has a $900 barrel that will be shot out after 1000 rounds ridiculous? I think 5k for a top tier scope that will last a lifetime time from a great company that will stand behind their product is perfectly fine. Maybe not for everyone but neither is a Bentley.

Why? Is 5K for a custom rifle ridiculous that has a $900 barrel that will be shot out after 1000 rounds ridiculous? I think 5k for a top tier scope that will last a lifetime time from a great company that will stand behind their product is perfectly fine. Maybe not for everyone but neither is a Bentley.
Agreed. There's levels to everything. Cars, trucks, houses, watches, rifles…. It's endless. If you want the BEST then you're going to pay for it. If not, that's okay also.

Why? Is 5K for a custom rifle ridiculous that has a $900 barrel that will be shot out after 1000 rounds ridiculous? I think 5k for a top tier scope that will last a lifetime time from a great company that will stand behind their product is perfectly fine. Maybe not for everyone but neither is a Bentley
I'll still stick to my statement that a 5k Maxie is ridiculous when theres Kahles, mark 5's, s&b's and nighforces ect. on the market. I guess I would have to see one. But then I'd have to convince my wife that it's not ridiculous and thats a lot harder then convincing myself.

I'll still stick to my statement that a 5k Maxie is ridiculous when theres Kahles, mark 5's, s&b's and nighforces ect. on the market. I guess I would have to see one. But then I'd have to convince my wife that it's not ridiculous and thats a lot harder then convincing myself.
Well as most of us know the law of diminishing returns applies here but it applies to just about everything from cars to silverware to rifles.

If you have it and you want to spend it and can afford it, you're not hurting anyone by buying what you see as the penultimate scope in the price range.

I'll keep driving Fords and Toyotas while others are driving Bugatti, Ferrari, and Lamborghini.

I just don't tell my wife lol. I will definitely own a TT and after reading through this thread I'll make sure to buy it from Primal Rights but still hoping they will eventually have a higher power range. I am blessed and have been fortunate enough that I can spend 5K on an optic but I realize that not everyone can and believe me I've been there and understand. Anything in life is only worth what someone is willing to pay but it's worth it to me. I hope the trolls don't scare people like Greg away because this is where I have learned a lot over the years about what to buy and where from. Hang tough Greg because the people that are whining about the price are the ones who will likely never be able to spend the money for one anyway. As for the the rest of us we look here for product knowledge from people like you and I for one am grateful for your posts and product knowledge.

I just don't tell my wife lol. I will definitely own a TT and after reading through this thread I'll make sure to buy it from Primal Rights but still hoping they will eventually have a higher power range. I am blessed and have been fortunate enough that I can spend 5K on an optic but I realize that not everyone can and believe me I've been there and understand. Anything in life is only worth what someone is willing to pay but it's worth it to me. I hope the trolls don't scare people like Greg away because this is where I have learned a lot over the years about what to buy and where from. Hang tough Greg because the people that are whining about the price are the ones who will likely never be able to spend the money for one anyway. As for the the rest of us we look here for product knowledge from people like you and I for one am grateful for your posts and product knowledge.
Enough already, start acting like adults instead snotty kids so Len doesn't have to shut it down.

Whether you agree or like it or not members are not trolls because they disagree with you or because the can't justify spending 5k on a scope and can't understand how other can.

It's not like there's not more than enough division in this country already, we don't need to be eating our own.

Enough already, start acting like adults instead snotty kids so Len doesn't have to shut it down.

Whether you agree or like it or not members are not trolls because they disagree with you or because the can't justify spending 5k on a scope and can't understand how other can.

It's not like there's not more than enough division in this country already, we don't need to be eating our own.
I hear you buddy but there's a difference between can't justify and can't afford and being critical of us who can. I personally am tired of people that have never owned and never will own a quality product complaining about those of us who can and do spend the $ and want the best that money can buy. We value advice and knowledge from this forum but some people want to chase others away because of stupidity an jealousy.

Thanks Orkan. Good to know what top end options are available. For now I don't shoot/dial enough to know I need more than a Swarovski z5 level, but some day I'm sure I will.

I've learned you just have to ignore the nay sayers. The cream rises to the top and the dense particles sink to the bottom. It does get tiring though listening to those with limited or no experience continue to wear out their keyboards.

I hear you buddy but there's a difference between can't justify and can't afford and being critical of us who can. I personally am tired of people that have never owned and never will own a quality product complaining about those of us who can and do spend the $ and want the best that money can buy. We value advice and knowledge from this forum but some people want to chase others away because of stupidity an jealousy.
The bickering and side taking adds nothing of value here. We need to discuss and debate like adults not HS kids and political hacks on twitter.

Buy what you want, you don't have to justify it to anyone nor does anyone have to justify stating the reasons they will not.

Want to see something that will leave you with an indelible impression over what people are willing to spend on their hobbies?

Come see us in Sanderson in April.

There will be million dollar cars flown and shipped to the US from all over the world to compete in different classes and even a couple for beaters and factory cars, sometimes old trucks from the fifties that never leave the ranch otherwise, and family cars/trucks that are pure stock and everything in between.

Half run from Sanderson to Ft. Stockton and the other in reverse class after class.

Lot's of events tied to it as well, a huge family friendly party in two cities.

For the race the DPS actually closes the highway during daylight hours.

I promise you there's a point there when everyone says, I could never justify spending that kind of money on an XYZ and a whole bunch of folks envious because they cannot.

We have a heck of a range too.