The New Tangent Theta 5-25x56

Maybe I should do this in a private message but hope it can be helpful to all of us - myself included. If responding with criticism or personal suggestions, I think it best to do it privately when it involves the OP of a thread. I think that would be more respectful of their thread and their dignity. Also, casting public aspersions or shade at a legitimate poster's product, equipment, enthusiasm or whatever is poor manners and is disrespectful to say the least. Something to think about. Cheers.
Maybe I should do this in a private message but hope it can be helpful to all of us - myself included. If responding with criticism or personal suggestions, I think it best to do it privately when it involves the OP of a thread. I think that would be more respectful of their thread and their dignity. Also, casting public aspersions or shade at a legitimate poster's product, equipment, enthusiasm or whatever is poor manners and is disrespectful to say the least. Something to think about. Cheers.
Are you referring to one of my posts in poor manners or disrespectful? If so, can you please point out the sentence that is disrespectful? I'm pretty rational most of the time, but you've really got me confused. Help a brother out, please point out the disrespectful sentence I posted.

Are you referring to one of my posts in poor manners or disrespectful? If so, can you please point out the sentence that is disrespectful? I'm pretty rational most of the time, but you've really got me confused. Help a brother out, please point out the disrespectful sentence I posted.
Generalities sir. Included myself. Nothing personal to you, just building off your post. All good, bro. Cheers. 🤠

I tried to read as many comments as I could here. Didn't understand why there was that many comments with a new post. As always they get hijacked with comments outside the of original post and the intent.
I understand that a ton of people do not see the value in the price point for an optic. I can tell you if any top tier scope company could make a scope for half the price they would. The top brands make a lot less than the cheaper brands per scope. This is not even up for debate. I have dealer pricing from the top tier, middle tier, and bottom tier. If middle tier offers pricing, based upon volume of sales, that is 60% below MSRP, there are margins there. If top tiers really wants to break into the market and their pricing is only 15% off of retail, I know why.
Every single brand out there can spec their glass, to any good glass makers around, to whatever the Abbe number they desire. But if I placed the best glass in front of every manufacturer it does not mean they will make the best scope.
Try and think of it this way. If you place quarter sawn clear walnut planks in front of craftsman cabinet maker vs a handyman the result will be completely different. No offense to handyman, just stating a fact here. The lens quality is important, but the engineering and design is where things shine.
Every aspect of every lens has a benefit and a downside. Stating I looked through my buddies scope at low light and we saw a deer is not saying that scope is the best.
I want to end with saying that I have used some of the best. I've asked friends to compare their scope to my ZCO. They all said intially that they felt their scope was just as clear. Until they bought a ZCO and used it. They sold all of there other scopes. Than they now have TT.
Long ago in a gun shop someone came in and looked at my rilfe on the shelf, he asked to take a look at it. When he asked what it cost, I told him all said and done around 7K. He said I can never conceive paying that much. I looked outside and saw his truck. I asked what did the lift kit, rims, and tires cost. He said about 15K. I asked if he uses for offroad, he said no, I said I use my rifle all of the time. He said well I guess I am the one who wasted money.
Honestly I am not concerned if you listen or not. If you are happy with your scope, that is great. If you want to experience seeing what you could not see before TT is quite amazing. Getting behind a friends TT means nothing Its only realized after time, you realize where you have wasted money.
Anyone out there commenting have a boat or Harley???

I don't see the big deal here... It's an expensive scope. I use to think paying $300 for a Leupold when I was a kid was bonkers.

Then I started shooting more as a young adult out of college. My friend bought a $600 vortex and I thought he was bonkers.

Then I started shooting long range in my late twenties and bought a $900 scope. Thought the guys buying ATACRs were a little bonkers (but was jealous, lol)

Still haven't ponied up for anything over about $1500. Not that I think it's ridiculous anymore, just does not fit my budget and needs.

I appreciate Greg and what he has to offer to this community. Heck, I will admit I'm a bit envious of his business. Anybody that can make it by selling THE BEST of the best has my admiration. I would totally love to have a shop that only sells the best of everything. After working in a local gun shop, you get a bit tired of selling hi points and Ruger Americans time after time. Working in a shop like his must be refreshing... Except for dealing with people like the people dumping on this thread.

Post 43 is one everyone is referring to man.
Well, "man", people who sell $5000 scopes need a thicker skin. It's going to draw some comments when you post it on a DISCUSSION forum...I saw nothing overly offensive with Post 43. I can afford the scope and wouldn't buy it. I don't think the OP should post the way they did as a result of expressing that opinion. If you're going to charge top-of-market prices you should be able to defend it rather than throwing a fit the minute people disagree with your value proposition.

I just ordered a $800 scope for my 6.5-06AI. I plan to kill a ton of game with that rifle. If you want me to spend 6X that much for the scope I need a lot more than arrogance to sell me.

TT isn't trying to hit the whole market. They aren't trying to be the best for a dollar amount winner. They don't care and you can decide whether you want the luxury of their scopes. Because that's what it is- a luxury item.

Orkan does need to be less sensitive. It's a hunting site and people come out of the woodwork. His initial statement of "do you own one?" stood on its own as a wonderful retort. No need to get worked up bc Jimmy the oak tree sniper with the Savage 110 thinks $5k is too much. Who gives a crap. He's not your audience and he outs himself with his drivel.

Greg, hope you stay around. but if not take care and good luck.

Well, "man", people who sell $5000 scopes need a thicker skin. It's going to draw some comments when you post it on a DISCUSSION forum...I saw nothing overly offensive with Post 43. I can afford the scope and wouldn't buy it. I don't think the OP should post the way they did as a result of expressing that opinion. If you're going to charge top-of-market prices you should be able to defend it rather than throwing a fit the minute people disagree with your value proposition.

I just ordered a $800 scope for my 6.5-06AI. I plan to kill a ton of game with that rifle. If you want me to spend 6X that much for the scope I need a lot more than arrogance to sell me.
I was just pointing out the only post that was negative towards his personal companies' product, that had nothing to do with the scope. I don't care either way. I think he overreacted to lol.

I personally am not a fan of the 5-25 range scopes. If I buy one it will be a 3-15.

For the guys that have TT's. How many deer, elk, etc have you killed using a TT that you wouldn't have been able to kill with something like an ATACR?