The New Tangent Theta 5-25x56

Have ANY of you detractors owned a Tangent Theta?

Boy I sure am thankful of the treatment I'm getting as a sponsor of this site. Can't even promo a new product without people jumping in and telling everyone what they don't need.

You fellas keep up the good work of ripping people down. God Bless You.
I didn't know your brand even existed until this thread.
All I have to say is if I ever get one, it will go on a ELR build and and I will have won the lottery. I am a small remodel contractor and make decent money and I get why certain CNC machined copper bullets cost what they do and why good glass costs what it does and on and on.
My monthly outdoors budget is right @ $700 a month. But tags, gas, clothing, fishing equipment and hunting equipment all have to come come out of that. I'd have to give up quite a bit to do it one year. But I sure might save up for one over 3-4 years.
Thanks for the thread and God bless you to👍

That's the concept of a discussion forum. The OP puts something up, and other members can comment on said post. I didn't see anything derogatory or inflammatory regarding the scope, just some folks saying they wouldn't spend that much money on a scope. Diminishing returns and all that. If I was the factory rep, my reply would have been along the lines of" I get it, this scope isn't for everyone. But if you want to beat, here it is". The whole "you folks are mean, I'm leaving the site" was sort of silly in my opinion.
bomberodeviel
By all means I Was not trying to say against your post with my comment, but there was a reference from PPR to Greg's CPS and laughing at what Primal Rights is charging for it in the TT scope Post. Some people do not know the cost of quality products.
I guess you have to know Greg to see where he is coming from and what he said about staying on LRH. I have seen over the past year where LHR members posted negative comments and things they actually knew nothing about. I don't know why they focused negative comments on him or it was just some people don't know what they are talking about and could be taken as a mean personal attack.
Greg is a Religious person and he walks the walk. He has helped dozens of members out with giving them "Free" or extremely discounted items he sells. A lot of LHR members do not see this side because he doesn't show or advertise it. He spends a lot of his time researching and testing products and it is a big benefit to the shooters/hunters looking at purchasing certain products.

bomberodeviel
By all means I Was not trying to say against your post with my comment, but there was a reference from PPR to Greg's CPS and laughing at what Primal Rights is charging for it in the TT scope Post. Some people do not know the cost of quality products.
I guess you have to know Greg to see where he is coming from and what he said about staying on LRH. I have seen over the past year where LHR members posted negative comments and things they actually knew nothing about. I don't know why they focused negative comments on him or it was just some people don't know what they are talking about and could be taken as a mean personal attack.
Greg is a Religious person and he walks the walk. He has helped dozens of members out with giving them "Free" or extremely discounted items he sells. A lot of LHR members do not see this side because he doesn't show or advertise it. He spends a lot of his time researching and testing products and it is a big benefit to the shooters/hunters looking at purchasing certain products.
I don't know all the players you're referring to. I've been a member here for 11-12 years, but I try not to get caught up in any drama. I just saw the OP's post and follow posts where he was taking issues with comments about the price of his product. He's likely the great and giving man you say he is. I guess the comments on his products pricing are enough to drive him away from LRH. That's his decision to make. I would have handled it different, as I posted in prior comments. To each their own.

To- Coyote Shadow Tracker,......... well said sir. I hope to someday own a TT, as I believe their quality is unsurpassed. Sure there are several top brands to choose from, just like any quality product. Les made a comment on another thread regarding not to do what some on here still choose to do.

I just got my email for renewal as a sponsor here.

Pretty sure I'm going to pass. I'll give it till the end of the week to decide. Posts in this thread, others like it, and statements like Paul made... have no place in a civilized society. How easily people marginalize me, my family, and the companies that produce products we carry. So many negative and hostile people on this site anymore. It's become nothing but a race to the bottom. Whoever can be the most confrontational wins. Such a sad display. So many people so certain of their views, yet how many rounds have they fired in the last year? How many videos have they produced? How many shooters have they helped? How many products have they invented? Have they done anything at all aside from sit at their screen and rip people down on forums every day?

Those of you that watch them do this, and disagree with it, but say nothing... are at fault too. You're more than willing to benefit from the contributions that content creators and inventors make, but you're unwilling to draw the ire of the negative loud mouths... so you'll sacrifice all that is good to spare yourselves the irritation of confrontation.

If I can't talk about the products we carry or methods we instruct on, without this kind of garbage taking place, then I guess there's no reason for me to hang around.

I have no expectation that anything I've typed will change anything. If it could, then it wouldn't have to be written. It's not my job to remove the bitterness from your hearts. It's certainly not my job to sit around here being belittled and watching the products we carry be attacked by people that haven't even held one in their hands. My contributions to this discipline are easy to find and stand on their own. They don't require defense, and I certainly don't have to explain my dedication to my purpose to hostile illogical people.

If you don't see another post from me after this, at least you know why. If I don't respond to your PM's, at least you'll know why. Maybe I'll check back in a year or two and see if Len has been able to teach people some common courtesy. Those of you that aren't busy polluting your lives with hate every day, you know my phone number.

Matthew 10:14

14 ​And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

I've read this entire thread, and this here is the most unreasonable post.

I can afford this scope. I probably wouldn't buy one as I haven't encountered a $1500-2000 scope that won't meet my expectations. That doesn't say anything about the product, I'm sure others would appreciate the incremental improvement. But if I did, the attitude in the quoted post would give me pause about the customer service I might expect if I encounter issues with the scope or it didn't meet up to the high expectations such a price tag righteously brings.

This site is actually really tame compared to most of social media, which is why I'm still here many, many years later.

I've read this entire thread, and this here is the most unreasonable post.

I can afford this scope. I probably wouldn't buy one as I haven't encountered a $1500-2000 scope that won't meet my expectations. That doesn't say anything about the product, I'm sure others would appreciate the incremental improvement. But if I did, the attitude in the quoted post would give me pause about the customer service I might expect if I encounter issues with the scope or it didn't meet up to the high expectations such a price tag righteously brings.

This site is actually really tame compared to most of social media, which is why I'm still here many, many years later.
F539DA9D-D40D-4C25-A4F0-8ABFC3358ED8.png

Post 43 is one everyone is referring to man.

Orkan thanks for the info. Travis is building my 4th rifle and this just might be in the running to ride on top of it. I'm gonna check it out. Was leaning towards kahles as it's my favorite so far out of my lineup.

Pretty sure I'm going to pass. I'll give it till the end of the week to decide. Posts in this thread, others like it, and statements like Paul made... have no place in a civilized society. How easily people marginalize me, my family, and the companies that produce products we carry. So many negative and hostile people on this site anymore. It's become nothing but a race to the bottom. Whoever can be the most confrontational wins. Such a sad display. So many people so certain of their views, yet how many rounds have they fired in the last year? How many videos have they produced? How many shooters have they helped? How many products have they invented? Have they done anything at all aside from sit at their screen and rip people down on forums every day?

Those of you that watch them do this, and disagree with it, but say nothing... are at fault too. You're more than willing to benefit from the contributions that content creators and inventors make, but you're unwilling to draw the ire of the negative loud mouths... so you'll sacrifice all that is good to spare yourselves the irritation of confrontation.

If I can't talk about the products we carry or methods we instruct on, without this kind of garbage taking place, then I guess there's no reason for me to hang around.

I have no expectation that anything I've typed will change anything. If it could, then it wouldn't have to be written. It's not my job to remove the bitterness from your hearts. It's certainly not my job to sit around here being belittled and watching the products we carry be attacked by people that haven't even held one in their hands. My contributions to this discipline are easy to find and stand on their own. They don't require defense, and I certainly don't have to explain my dedication to my purpose to hostile illogical people.

If you don't see another post from me after this, at least you know why. If I don't respond to your PM's, at least you'll know why. Maybe I'll check back in a year or two and see if Len has been able to teach people some common courtesy. Those of you that aren't busy polluting your lives with hate every day, you know my phone number.

14 ​And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

Stay with us. You're a good man. Skip over the folks who post without thought beyond themselves. They don't sway the folks who know their business...those who post and read with thoughtful objectivity.

From a data standpoint, are you able to track your level of business generated from this site? Maybe that would be a helpful marker to make your choice by? Please don't run from the naysayers and let them win.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

Nobody is ripping you down or the product you're trying to sell. The only rudeness here has been on your part and that of a couple of others.

You sell a product you believe in and that's great but it isn't for everyone. If you can't handle people saying that you should not be putting them up for public discussion.

Instead of taking it personal and throwing a tantrum perhaps listening to the concerns people express would be more productive.

95% of hunters would think that just about all of us here are out of our minds for what we spend on LR rigs, and would never understand or appreciate how much better they are than what you can just buy off the Shelf at Walmart or Academy on sale the month before deer season opens.

If we all took that personally and threw fits over it all we'd have is a world with far too much hate in it and nobody would be happy.

I don't know all the players you're referring to. I've been a member here for 11-12 years, but I try not to get caught up in any drama. I just saw the OP's post and follow posts where he was taking issues with comments about the price of his product. He's likely the great and giving man you say he is. I guess the comments on his products pricing are enough to drive him away from LRH. That's his decision to make. I would have handled it different, as I posted in prior comments. To each their own.
Maybe I should do this in a private message but hope it can be helpful to all of us - myself included. If responding with criticism or personal suggestions, I think it best to do it privately when it involves the OP of a thread. I think that would be more respectful of their thread and their dignity. Also, casting public aspersions or shade at a legitimate poster's product, equipment, enthusiasm or whatever is poor manners and is disrespectful to say the least. Something to think about. Cheers.

5k for a scope is absolutely ridiculous.
1642457054400.png

Hey, so are the above but it's what some people want. If it is and the family isn't going hungry, or college tuition isn't being paid on time more power to them.

If I was going to have only one rifle, it would be a top of the line custom and I might consider spending that kind of money on glass.

Nothing wrong with it, just out of the realm of practicality for most of us.

I want a quality thermal so I'll spend about the same or even more on that this year so to each their own.