The New Tangent Theta 5-25x56

I've always thought TT's were expensive. That being said my first thermal was $9k. The TT's don't seem that expensive after buying that thermal.
They also can't find animals you can't see because they are hiding in brush or because it's dark.

When I buy a thermal later this year I'm going to go as close to first class as I can justify but I'm not going to buy a 30k thermal if a 5-10k thermal will meet all of my needs to my satisfaction.

I simply refused to accept for many years that spending more than a grand on a scope ever made sense. For the average guy who's never going to shoot past 300yds they still don't make sense.

Most people will never be able to see enough difference in the 300.00 scopes that fit their needs and scopes costing ten or twenty times that.

You simply can't get away from the point of diminishing returns and we all run into it at some point.

View attachment 331548

Hey, so are the above but it's what some people want. If it is and the family isn't going hungry, or college tuition isn't being paid on time more power to them.

If I was going to have only one rifle, it would be a top of the line custom and I might consider spending that kind of money on glass.

Nothing wrong with it, just out of the realm of practicality for most of us.

I want a quality thermal so I'll spend about the same or even more on that this year so to each their own.
I guess I should specify in that the price is outrageous in comparison to other top tier high end scopes. I've spent a lot of money on optics but personally wouldn't spend 5k on one unless long range was my career. To each their own.

i think we've reached the point of diminishing return? Both with the scope and this thread.
I think we passed that point a while ago when members were being called "trolls" for simply stating their concerns with spending that much money on glass.

Given enough evidence of clear superiority I might have even been convinced at some point to spend that kind of money on a single scope in stead of on two or three but that point is long past.

If you want to sell your product based on it's superiority over all others in the market, show verifiable data from unbiased sources instead of having sale's people attack them for asking.

I'll disagree wildrose. Not trying to get into with you as I know your a respected member but when clearly a bunch of guys start getting into it with an op sponsor over the price with obviously no experience
They are not staying in their lane. Is 5k ridiculous, ya I'm with you and them. I personally would not buy a TT. I also would never buy a 5k custom or a 10k gunwerks because I can reload my own ammo and don't need 5k worth of load data yet that's normal on this forumn. I also couldn't dream of dropping 3k on glass till I spent 10 hours a day behind Schmidt and Benders for a living. My point is ya TT is obviously top tier buy cause you can, but a bunch of guys that don't need that type of performance or price tag dogging a sponsor over his pricing is bush league. He got annoyed and I don't blame him. Ya guys putting opinions out there with out touching a product... I'd categorize them as trolls. It's LRH not 300 and in.com

Orkan, I do hope you decide to stick with LRH. I believe that you add value to this sight, and I'm certain that you will in turn, will gain value from this site. I spent 40 years representing top tier products in the Analytical Instrument business. Our product was 25-50% higher in cost then the competition, but unmatched in performance and reliability. We held over that period, the market leading position in technology leadership, customer service, and profitability. Given that experience, I can surely appreciate the frustration that comes when one is sincere in their efforts, truly believe in the product/service they provide, but met with resistance. Not everyone is going to buy in, resisting for a myriad of reasons….And, some may not always be courteous. It comes with the territory! The key is to focus on the people that do buy in. There are thousands of rifle shooters on this site, and, it is second to none in reputation. Stick with it. I can assure that those of us interested in what you have to say are in the majority. IMO.

Last edited:
I'll disagree wildrose. Not trying to get into with you as I know your a respected member but when clearly a bunch of guys start getting into it with an op sponsor over the price with obviously no experience
They are not staying in their lane. Is 5k ridiculous, ya I'm with you and them. I personally would not buy a TT. I also would never buy a 5k custom or a 10k gunwerks because I can reload my own ammo and don't need 5k worth of load data yet that's normal on this forumn. I also couldn't dream of dropping 3k on glass till I spent 10 hours a day behind Schmidt and Benders for a living. My point is ya TT is obviously top tier buy cause you can, but a bunch of guys that don't need that type of performance or price tag dogging a sponsor over his pricing is bush league. He got annoyed and I don't blame him. Ya guys putting opinions out there with out touching a product... I'd categorize them as trolls. It's LRH not 300 and in.com
I have touched them and even shot targets at multiple ranges in different light, terrain, and foliage scenarios.

I said I haven't owned one and that is correct but I have used them and while I loved them, I could not see 3000.00 or more in improvement over other top of the line glass like the VX6, Swaro, and NF.

Maybe if I was shooting competitively and saw myself making shots with them I'd have never made with the other mentioned brands that would be different, but I don't. I do however as mentioned have some experience with them.

If you have a clearly superior product to anything else available, the best way to sell it is by making side by side comparisons and letting the buying public decide; not by calling people who think they must be overpriced "trolls".

Build a better mouse trap and show the public why yours is better, if it really is, you don't need to trash people and the route they have chosen.

Positive messaging really sells far better than negative, salesmanship 101.

If you have a clearly superior product to anything else available, the best way to sell it is by making side by side comparisons and letting the buying public decide; not by calling people who think they must be overpriced "trolls".

Build a better mouse trap and show the public why yours is better, if it really is, you don't need to trash people and the route they have chosen.

Positive messaging really sells far better than negative, salesmanship 101.
I will politely disagree. Why? Because 99% of the scope buyers out there would never spend that much money on a scope. Regardless of side by side comparisons, tests, etc….

Salesmanship 101 also teaches you can't show people a solution to their need when they don't think they have a need.

I will politely disagree. Why? Because 99% of the scope buyers out there would never spend that much money on a scope. Regardless of side by side comparisons, tests, etc….

Salesmanship 101 also teaches you can't show people a solution to their need when they don't think they have a need.
The 99% is not their targeted demographic.

If they want to dominate the market with the 1% they're going to have to convince us we need their product.

The only way to accomplish that is with positive advertising showing the superiority of their product, not by insulting potential customers.

The 99% is not their targeted demographic.

If they want to dominate the market with the 1% they're going to have to convince us we need their product.

The only way to accomplish that is with positive advertising showing the superiority of their product, not by insulting potential customers.
This. 100%. Guys, this is the Ferrari of scopes. Literally zero people are saying it's the pound for pound champ. Not even Orkan. The difference in marketing is pretty easy. It's meant for a small portion of buyers who have the coin and want to spend it. If you don't have both of those boxes checked then don't fret. I'm not. My Bushy LRHSi does the job each year. And it was a premium purchase for me initially after moving from a more traditional branded scope (won't name it bc y'all will get offended.)

The best way to vote for a product is with your wallet. To vote against works in a similar even more simple way. Just don't buy it. And at the end of the day TT either will or won't be left standing.

But if we are putting money on whether TT are still here in 2023…. Well, let me know if you want to put the money down on that bet. I'll give you odds, I promise.

There always has to be that ONE or several that can't stand someone actually having a very good product to sell. This original POST was about The New Tangent Theta 5-25x56 and Primal Rights providing information on this fine scope. THATS ALL.
Sure Primal Rights also has it for sale and if anyone of us had the opportunity to have a business that could sell these they sure would.
Yes this fine optic is expensive as well as other optics are.
My point is that if you do not like a product, Can't afford the Product or CAN and don't like it. Keep the negative comments to yourself. I personally am in the process of buying some more optics and like information that is posted on this Forum. Was excited to hear about the New Vortex GEN III and whether to get that one or stay with NF. Now I read information the Tangent. It is helping me decide between the three manufactures now.
When someone is taking the time out to give us a review and information we should at least listen. If you are not interested then don't read the threads. There is an IGNOE button. On thing I can't tolerate is people then putting personal attacks out on the OP.
I was taught at an early age that if you do not have something GOOD to say then say NOTHING.
This was a GOOD post originally then we had some people put their NEGITIVE comments in and I am sure a lot of LRH members are on this Post now.
I think that some members should take time out and reflect on the way they respond to Posts. We wouldn't end up with threads like in this post and make for more enjoyable reading and getting more information I am sure that if some members want to post something they will think twice now. They wouldn't want to get attacked like Greg was.
You are newer to this forum, no clue of your history on other gun forums. Pointblank, I call B.S. here, 99.9% of orkan's posts on any gun forum yield the same results we are witnessing.
I could probably go back through the archives of this forum and find the exact post he was getting hammered in and then sought info on how to become a sponsor, therefore offered a level of protection by admin.
I am not saying someone usually doesn't pull his trigger, but with his newfound relationship with religion, he has yet to rise above any controversy thrown his way, and this will never change. Most posts get escalated by his own actions.
I give 2 craps about reviews, I buy what I want w/o outside influence. But I would trust reviews by non-involved parties way more than the sellers of a product, that just makes sense.
If someone is going to get on the web and complain they are getting picked on because of what they say or do, maybe refraining from posting may be the better option in life.
If you think I am out of bounds, re-read the orkan vs Wildrose exchanges, Mr. Rose stayed above the fray, as always.