The n570 and lapua brass shortage is definitely a usa issue

570 is as temp stable as H1000, RL33 is horrible in this aspect. So bad that 30° can drop you below or push you above your accuracy node.
I haven't had that experience with RE33 personally in my Lapua improved. I have shot it from 30° to 70° and haven't had more than 10-15ft./s variance. I've shot about 100 rounds with the vast majority of them being read by the lab radar. I think most of the time sensitive powders are only sensitive in the extreme. Extremely cold or above 80-85°

I haven't had that experience with RE33 personally in my Lapua improved. I have shot it from 30° to 70° and haven't had more than 10-15ft./s variance. I've shot about 100 rounds with the vast majority of them being read by the lab radar. I think most of the time sensitive powders are only sensitive in the extreme. Extremely cold or above 80-85°
RL33 can in some situations burn clean and have decent stability, usually this is running the highest velocity accuracy node with max case fill. RL26 acts the same way, but is slightly less temp sensitive. A friend of mine tried it in his 28N, from 80° to 30° he lost 65fps, which was enough to open groups from sub half moa to moa, had he pushed the next velocity node up it may have been better.

I still want to try N570 but haven't been able to get any obviously. My Smith told me to try the 33. He also said that in his experience the bigger cases like the Lapua seem to do better with the 33 then the medium size magnums for some reason. I thought that was weird but all I can report is that I've had good success with it

Havent shot any newer lots of the VV500 SERIES but past experience indicated that a safe load in winter would pierce primers if used in early summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts