The Mouse That Roared

scope-eye

Ever notice how a 4 year old's voice is louder than 200 adult voices?
1. Several years ago, I returned home from a trip just when a storm
hit with crashing thunder and severe lightning. As I came into my
bedroom about 2 a.m., I found my two children in bed with my wife,
apparently scared by the loud storm. I resigned myself to sleep in
the guest bedroom that night. The next day, I talked to the children,
and explained that it was O.K. to sleep with Mom when the storm was
bad, but when I was expected home, please don't sleep with Mom that
night. They said OK. After my next trip several weeks later, my wife
and the children picked me up in the terminal at the appointed time.
Since the plane was late, there were hundreds of other folks waiting
for their arriving passengers, also. As I entered the waiting area,
my son saw me, and came running shouting, "Hi, Dad! I've got some
good news!" As I waved back, I said loudly, "What's the good news?"
"Nobody slept with Mommy while you were away this time!" Alex
shouted. The airport became very quiet, as everyone in the waiting
area looked at Alex, then turned to me, and then searched the rest
of the area to see if they could figure out exactly who his Mom was.

Dean

When my oldest son was about four or five years old, we had wonderful neighbors that lived across the street. My kids spent most of their time playing in the yard with the neighbor kids and we got to know the family very well. We started jokingly referring to that other family as our second family.

One evening in a very crowded grocery store, my 5-year-old son began yelling at the top of his young lungs that his other dad was there in the store. Somewhere around the meat counter, my child exclaimed how happy he was to have both of his daddies together at the store for our shopping trip.

Very much like your story above, a dead silence fell over the crowd near the meat counter as I received multiple sideways glances and Snickers.

Don't think I can beat the story about no-one sleeping with mom, but here goes. At four years old my son was in the buggy at Wal-Mart and my much younger self was eyeing a couple of young ladies and mumbled under my breath about them being babes. At the check out line said young ladies came up behind me. I noticed my son leaning around me to look at them and loudly proclaimed, Dad there not babes they are fully grown. I wish I could have found somewhere to crawl under. Then came home to tell mom.

That is very funny. My wife and I raised six kids, and stories are endless. The best part is when they get older, you get to embarrass them.
Was texting political scrap with my son , same one. And we were disagreeing, I told him don't shake your head at me. He texted back, how did you know I was doing it. He may grow up one day.

That is very funny. My wife and I raised six kids, and stories are endless. The best part is when they get older, you get to embarrass them.
Got four Kids under the age of four (you think you're starting to know how to do this and then you have twins while the other two are still in diapers....suffice to say there's seldom a dull moment). I'm already filing away in my brain a good deal of materials for such future moments :).
Best one that my oldest "innocently" had on me recently was calling me "a pork man" while I was making pork chops for supper...I mean I know I've gained a few over this last year of not being able to get out and do anything but still...pork man?!?!?

Got four Kids under the age of four (you think you're starting to know how to do this and then you have twins while the other two are still in diapers....suffice to say there's seldom a dull moment). I'm already filing away in my brain a good deal of materials for such future moments :).
Best one that my oldest "innocently" had on me recently was calling me "a pork man" while I was making pork chops for supper...I mean I know I've gained a few over this last year of not being able to get out and do anything but still...pork man?!?!?
Funny, good luck with all the estrogen.