The mighty .454 strikes again

Thanks for sharing, thats awesome !!!!

I will have to look at the Vortex Venom again sometime. Had one on a S&W 44 magnum, and every time I shot, the dot disappeared.
Very frustrated, and called them to return. They sent back saying nothing wrong with it. Remounted, and same thing happened.
They tell you that recoil and muzzle rise will make the dot disappear?

Just kidding man...:D

I had a semi-custom Ruger SRH in 454 for awhile. Every time I dropped the hammer it felt like someone slapped me in the palm with a 2x4. :eek:

I sold that gun and bought another in 44mag. Ahhhhhhh..... so much nicer to shoot.:D

Great story. Appreciate you sharing it. Handgun hunting is definitely on my bucket list and my retirement date is soon approaching. My gun of choice will likely be the same - Freedom Arms .454.

Congrats on the kill. I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 454 about 2 years ago when they came out. Loaded a lot of cast bullets and shot a few jacketed at mild levels. Probably put 1,000 rounds down the pipe and it got to where it wouldnt hit a school bus at 100 yards. Sent back to Ruger and 2 of the 5 cylinder holes were drilled out of spec. They sent me a SR1911 in 10mm in exchange and I took a doe with it this year. The 454 was like a plague when i carried it hunting, could not see a deer to save my life when i took it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.