The LRKM is Just about ready for production

As good as it looks in the picture, I must say it looks even better in person! Also, I agree with the previous statement, you guys do the best paint jobs I have ever seen! Every person that sees mine wants to know who did it! Educ8r we have matching edge's, maybe we need matching lrkm's!

As good as it looks in the picture, I must say it looks even better in person! Also, I agree with the previous statement, you guys do the best paint jobs I have ever seen! Every person that sees mine wants to know who did it! Educ8r we have matching edge's, maybe we need matching lrkm's!

I am going to buy one, I just don't know when yet.

The difference is roughly 170 fps - 190 fps. The only difference is our patented throating design, same case, dies etc. The throating process also allows the use of certain other powders that also grab some extra fps.

aren't the edges running at 2800fps? you said the +p was running at 3100fps.

i'm sure i'm missing something, but isn't that a 300fps difference? any ideas on case life at 3100fps?

thanks again

That was out of a 32" tube with a different powder. With everything being the same the +P is worth 170-190 fps. THe +P chambering allowed us to use some different powders and we are playing with those now.

got it. thanks shawn.

I'll be watching for more info on this. you've peeked my interests, and i may be selling a few other guns to fund this one once i see more loading results.

thanks again

Shawn,

I am thinking out loud here but thought I would add to this thread in case others were having similar thoughts.

I am thinking hard about one of these but I would want one built a little lighter for the long distance hiking I do. I mostly shoot big game out to 1/2 mile or so.

What would be your suggestions on how short of a barrel I could get away with and how much less of a contour I could have without giving up too much of the stability and accuracy of the LRKM platform? I am not sure how the balance is but maybe I would be better to keep the length and just adjust the contour so things still balance well. I would be willing to look at something in .30 cal too if that makes a difference. What weight could I get down to? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scot E.

By design it will be difficult to drop much more weight. If you went 26" Sendero conture and fluted it well, dropped to a 1" DE brake from the slab and left the bipod off you would be around 13.25-13.50 lbs. This is a bout as light as I would go. You could drop barrel taper to a # 4 and shave another 1.5-1.75 lbs, however i am not sure how this would effect the package. I think it would be fine but can't say for sure.

This is a very nice rifle !! I would still like to own one of your standard Edges . What is the wait time for one at this time ? Thanks

It is my opinion that the BAT is the finest fit and finish on the market along with the fact they have a longer bolt throw and port than the others for long rounds.

Wait time on a Canyon rifle is about 7 months right now.

We won't be building a Weatherby anything , sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts