The LRH w/Buffalobob Part 1

royinidaho

Just finished a full month of "being out there" with Buffalobob. Last day of the season was yesterday. Got home at 3pm this afternoon. BB will take 3 or 4 days to get back to DC. While I headed south from the North Fork of the Salmon to Blackfoot (took from 1000 to 1500 to make the drive) BB headed north over the divide to Missoula MT and maybe Orofino ID to visit Nightforce.

I have a bunch to post. I had the secondary role of spotter and photographer (wished I'd have kept a journal) a whole month is hard to remember. I'll post a bit of color and Jim will provide his side of the story.;)

Am tired. Lost 18 pounds on the trip. Haven't felt better in years. Really hated to leave the place. It was just getting good.

Here's both ends of the trip. Ya just gotta love Idaho!

Here's my welcome to Colson Creek.

I had just made the first turn off of the North Fork road and had to hit the brakes to keep from running over them.
Welcome.jpg

One month later on the way out here's the committee saying "See ya, Pilgrim. :rolleyes:
Bye-Bye-to-ColCk.jpg

More to come. It was an interesting experience.

Last edited:
I make a video of all my hunts, to lazy to write a journal. You are right, ya just don't remember, ya think ya will but ya don't. Log in daily with an update and of course any trophies taken. Easy to capture that special moment and of course any choice comments made. Makes for great viewing on a Sat afternoon with a couple Buds.
No need fo an exspensive camera, I'm kinda rough on them. Don't want all the bells and whistles--all I wanna do is take the pic.
Welcome back.

Good thing you and BB did'nt turn feral after being out there in the wild so long. We would'nt of got to hear the tales that everyones been looking forward to.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.