The Juenke I.C.C.

The Juenke machine ($790 current price and year wait)is an interesting machine that has ardent believers and other guys that swear it is BS. do not own one, but have been borrowing one to test bullets and cases. The guy that I borrow from has been one of the most dominant 1K shooters the last 5 years and won top shooter in at least one class for 3 yrs at least and overall twice. He is an ardent disciple of the Juenke to sort bullets and cases. In fact he is one of the most meticulous reloaders I have ever seen. He sorts 1000 cases to the .1 grain, preps, fireforms, then spins on Juenke. Bullets are weighed, sorted, and spun on Juenke.

His testing has proven at least to him, that it is valid. Also, it quickly shows that the JLK and Carteruccio bullets are by far the most consistent on the market at this time. In his testing, the JLK is so consistent that he only gets two main groups out of a 1000 with a handfull of deviations. However the theory is that those deviant bullets are the ones that mess a group up. Bergers on the other hand end up with about 6-8 main groups.

Surprising use is to sort cases. I have done it and proven that it will show cases that tend to throw a bullet out of a group from the others. Just spun my last batch of cases last night. However, they must be fireformed and NOT resized. Your dominant 1k shooters number each case and know which round landed out of a group so it is easy for them to retest that lot of cases and they normally just throw out the bad case. So it is easy to spin the cases on a Juenke and see any deviation from the group norm which has been shown to be accurate.

Vern Juenke has a year wait and is building 50 machines now for 50 cal shooters so good luck if you want one. best bet is to find one and see if you think it works for you before spending the money, $790 current price and going up all the time.

BH

I think Rod's example of how it worked was great, never heard anything about them before but bits and pieces which never really made much sense to me. Thanks for sharing yours to BH.
smile.gif
Sounds like it's right up my alley.
grin.gif
Maybe some day. Anyone else have experience with these too?

Brent

Yes, I have one. I am not a good enough reloader or shooter so far to evaluate it. I think I lent it to STL Shooter to evaluate it. I'll check to see if he is done with it. If you want to play around with it I'll have him send it on to you when he is done.

Len,

Appreciate the offer.
smile.gif
I'm not going to have a whole lot of time to shoot much this summer but I would have some time to spin some bullets at night. I like the idea of doing a blind test like Rod is talking about doing on the other thread there. Email me when you know more and I'll give the address to you.
smile.gif
[email protected]

I did own one and ended up selling it to someone who just had to have it.

Shot the best I ever did at Williamsport using the bullets seperated by the machine.

DC

STL,

Thanks again.
smile.gif
You have mail.

DC,

Did it not work well enough to keep and use it, or did you just use it to see how good the numbers were on the bullet brand or what ever you'd chosen to use, comparison purposes etc?

Anyone know where to get a set of directions on how to use one of these? Plugging this in and accidently doing something that makes it go poof is the last thing I'm willing to take a chance on!

STL, thanks, it arrived safely.
smile.gif

Appreciate any assistance.
smile.gif

[ 06-20-2003: Message edited by: Brent ]

I'm pretty sure that this guy is still around, at least he was a year or so ago. Frankly I've never heard of his "machine", I thought he was just a gunsmith here in town. I'll make a few phone calls to verify & keep you posted as to what I find out.

Brent,

Accuracy Den is still listed in the Reno phone book. I tried calling and got an answering machine, its after 5:00 pm now so perhaps they are closed for the evening.

The number is still the same as what BH had provided however they changed our **** area code
mad.gif
The number is (775) 345-0225.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.