The Great PRIMER Depression of 2020

Many have said similar things before. Think of all the things the republicans promised us and didn't come through on (hearing protection act, national carry reciprocity). They care about keeping their jobs more than serving. I'll worry when the legislation starts moving, until then its talk. If everyone acts like theres a reason there should be a panic, then there will be a panic.
The inherent problems with hoarding is once it starts... there is no end to it....we should have all learned from the Covid panic... remain calm...shop as normal...and there was enough for all!

Many have said similar things before. Think of all the things the republicans promised us and didn't come through on (hearing protection act, national carry reciprocity). They care about keeping their jobs more than serving. I'll worry when the legislation starts moving, until then its talk. If everyone acts like theres a reason there should be a panic, then there will be a panic.
Yeah it's total BS! I have been quietly reading in silent amusement how much BS propaganda is being peddled by some misinformed readers of this forum. The right to bear arms is enshrined in The Constitution and no one will be able to change that. Any efforts to do so will fail as spectacularly as the effort to abolish the 14th amendment to The Constitution. Either The Constitution means what is says or it means nothing at all! You don't get to cherry pick what parts of it you like and what parts you don't!

Yeah it's total BS! I have been quietly reading in silent amusement how much BS propaganda is being peddled by some misinformed readers of this forum. The right to bear arms is enshrined in The Constitution and no one will be able to change that. Any efforts to do so will fail as spectacularly as the effort to abolish the 14th amendment to The Constitution. Either The Constitution means what is says or it means nothing at all! You don't get to cherry pick what parts of it you like.
Don't be so sure! Take it from a Canadian where over night our PM on his own......rendered 1500 MODELS OF GUNS USELESS FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS.... if they leave your safe...loose em and go to jail....
We thought it never happen EITHER

Just wanted to hear people's thoughts. I'm sure many of you have seen the articles and mentions of primers not being available for a few years.
Do you believe the hype, or think that's a bit far fetched and things will normalize in 6 months or so?
Always stock up when the supply is good...that harms no one and helps the economy. No guilt in that at all. Good to have all you "need" for years and years. Shortages will not affect you and you can help friends out..win win

Recent industry articles are saying mftrs say they have a one year backlog now, so do not expect things to get much better soon. When things do get back to normal, good idea to stock up what you can of the most common primers and powder you use. I just found another ammo can full of 22 under my reloading bench with 5000 rds in it to my 10K on the shelf. I find a powder that works good in a rifle, then I normally buy 8 lbs. I was just taking stock of what powder is in the cabinet and have some extra. Anyone in SE NC I have 8 lbs of IMR 4166 (replacement for Varget) and some extra H4350, and 8 lbs superperformance.
1 year backlog doesn't mean you won't see anything for a year though, just means it will take them 1yr+ to be caught up. They are almost certainly shipping orders daily, and some of those (probably most of them) are going to the distributors we all buy from. You just have to be ready when you get your in stock notices.

By all metrics the industry was way less prepared for the post Newtown scare and even then I was regularly seeing 1K bricks of SR and LR primers at places like Cabelas by mid 2014, it ain't great but we will survive.

Yeah it's total BS! I have been quietly reading in silent amusement how much BS propaganda is being peddled by some misinformed readers of this forum. The right to bear arms is enshrined in The Constitution and no one will be able to change that. Any efforts to do so will fail as spectacularly as the effort to abolish the 14th amendment to The Constitution. Either The Constitution means what is says or it means nothing at all! You don't get to cherry pick what parts of it you like and what parts you don't!

I agree 100% but it would be foolish to think some government Functionary or Flunky would NOT make a law and ram it down our throats, "Laws and Constitution" Be DAMNED! They do it all the time in plain sight but nobody seems to be willing to take them to task for their actions or make them revert to what it was BEFORE they started meddling.
If you need any proof, look at what the BATFE has been doing lately.
They have NO authority to make "laws" but they are doing just that.
There will be those who rail at some of these new laws like the Polymer80 debacle or the concern that BATFE will be visiting and rounding up all the AR "Pistols" but I bet dollars to donuts that folks will hide such things in a deep hole after protecting them as opposed to walking up to an ATF line and surrendering their possessions WRT to firearms.
My point being, YES such "Laws" ARE illegal but who plans to martyr themselves and stand up to ATF in their front yard all the while screaming "JUST TRY TO COME AND TAKE THEM!"
There won't be single person who will do that, I don't care WHAT they claim on the social media pages.
Keyboard Warriors are in abundance and you can almost hear them beating their chests past their keyboard. Makes for great posts and getting folks riled up but unless they have a death wish, nothing comes of their boisterous bravado.

Last edited:
J. Hitler confiscated private firearms. How many have you had confiscated under any parties presidency.
Truth should rule not opinions.
Did you wake up in a fog this morning? Have you been asleep the past year of the presidential primary? Are you trying to get something interesting going on this forum? I would love that, but you have to be kidding with that post.

Obiden has said he will stop mail order,internet sale of ammo, gun components so shortages will continue for at least next 4 years if not forever. Also if included in import bans, powder. And of course those scary black rifles.
I heard of the "internet sale of firearms" but nothing I've read talks about ammo, parts, etc.... Components as in a AR lower maybe.

I agree 100% but it would be foolish to think some government Functionary or Flunky would make a law and ram it down our throats, "Laws and Constitution" Be DAMNED!
If you need any proof, look at what the BATFE has been doing.
They have NO authority to make "laws" but they are doing just that.
There will be those who rail at some of these new laws like the Polymer80 debacle or the concern that BATFE will be visiting and rounding up all the AR "Pistols" but I bet dollars to donuts that folks will hide such things in a deep hole after protecting then as opposed to walking up to an ATF line and surrendering their possessions WRT to firearms.
My point being, YES such "Laws" ARE illegal but who plans to martyr themselves and stand up to ATF in their front yard all the while screaming "JUST TRY TO COME AND TAKE THEM!"
There won't be single person who will do that, I don't care WHAT they claim on the social media pages.
That is a well thought out response to the idiocy spewed by some on this forum. The BATFE are unelected bureaucrats that make laws, and those laws never seem to favor gun owners. The BATFE was apparently created to help the government eventually make gun ownership a distant memory. And the BATFE was created, not voted into existence. Laws--if not the Constitution--are about to change. And not for the benefit of the law-abiding gun owners of this country.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.