The good, bad, ugly, and entertainment of "Crazy ideas"

all this talk about the Ruger/PRC case lately, like it's the coolest thing since sliced cheese

I remain unimpressed....

Where were all the dazzled & dazed when John Lazzeroni did it first ? probably bashing his cartridges like so many other "gun guys" ....

look at the 6.5 PRC & tell me that isn't a slightly altered knock off the Lazz cartridges .. same with 300 PRC/375 Ruger

Hornady ain't being straight about where they got the inspiration for their "all new" supa dupa long, long, long and far, far away shootin cartridges ......

I'll never own anything Hornady PRC for that reason, no credibility in their "innovation"

John Lazzeroni did this 20 years ago and now the shooting world is suddenly awed when the Hornady hype wakes them up

their is truly nothing new in the cartridge world, all there is ..... is how deep you wanna dig into your pockets for glossy, overly embellished ad campaigns

Just pointing out some facts most have forgotten, ignored or didn't know about ...

91D59585-84E7-46F7-9017-67C31C42E1E4.jpeg

7C922DF5-5FBD-4AA9-BF9C-BD2456300974.jpeg

CE365FEB-6152-4234-99FF-9791226D00A8.jpeg

609E1B64-94DB-41BA-B471-92A4415548C0.jpeg

I tried messing around with 110gr vmax in 300rum once....they never made it to the target
110 barnes do tho. I shot a few just to see what they'd do a few years ago. Frikin lazer beams. Over 4300fps easy but i thought, what for? Saved the rest for the kid's 3030 and aac.

The thing I find irritating is the way the gun community anoints some cases, but totally shuns others with near identical specs.
375hh- best thing ever
375ruger-new best thing
375rum- "garbage! what for?"

475linebaugh- greatest of all time!
480 ruger - "TURD!!! 454c is Way better!"

308win - "1000yd fer shur"
30-06- " decent brush gun for deer"

XXX weatherby- "aamazingly awesome"
Same-size-case remington - "inadequate past 200 yards."

357mag- maybe 50 yard deer cartridge
350legend- "lazer beams"

9mm- "excellent SD round"
380 - "wont penetrate a t shirt on a cold day"

Rum case - "too big, too long, too small, too short, etc"
Prc, et. al - "perfect"

Rifle built by someone else- "amazing job"
Rifle built by your own hand - "sketchy, bro"

And my (least) favorite:

Solid copper bullet- "Super hunters only!"
Hard cast - "how poor are you?!?"

Last edited:
110 barnes do tho. I shot a few just to see what they'd do a few years ago. Frikin lazer beams. Over 4300fps easy but i thought, what for? Saved the rest for the kid's 3030 and aac.

The thing I find irritating is the way the gun community anoints some cases, but totally shuns others with near identical specs.
375hh- best thing ever
375ruger-new best thing
375rum- "garbage! what for?"

475linebaugh- greatest of all time!
480 ruger - "TURD!!! 454c is Way better!"

308win - "1000yd fer shur"
30-06- " decent brush gun for deer"

XXX weatherby- "aamazingly awesome"
Same-size-case remington - "inadequate past 200 yards."

357mag- maybe 50 yard deer cartridge
350legend- "lazer beams"

9mm- "excellent SD round"
380 - "wont penetrate a t shirt on a cold day"

Rum case - "too big, too long, too small, too short, etc"
Prc, et. al - "perfect"

Rifle built by someone else- "amazing job"
Rifle built by your own hand - "sketchy, bro"

And my (least) favorite:

Solid copper bullet- "Super hunters only!"
Hard cast - "how poor are you?!?"
Good points.

I dont get some people's logic. Example:

"I hate Hornady!"then refuse to buy anything from them (because they're good at marketing and selling stuff and ACTUALLY bringing out good products that they actually support because they're in the business to sell stuff)

Then say:

"I hate Remington!" (because they bring out cool stuff, dont market it worth a **** then quit supporting it and drop it like a hot potato because they dont *really* want to sell stuff apparently) (they're not wrong on this one tho)

The worst- anything new that comes out with decent performance, the recoil weenies saying "It's a barrel burner!" "Overbore!" "Too much recoil!" (because anything more than a.30-30 at deer is unnecessary)

Then get on HERE and raise ethical q's about our long shots..

Last edited:
The only reason the Lazzaroni rounds never took off was custom only ammo.

I agree, basically copied by producers who can market.
Thats the way it always goes...i know from first hand experience.

Innnovators are rarely also very good at marketing. So their product languishes until somone who is an actual businessman sees it's untapped potential comes along and puts something similar in front of the masses.

Roy Weatherby being one exception I can think of offhand.

Thats the way it always goes...i know from first hand experience.

Innnovators are rarely also very good at marketing. So their product languishes until somone who is an actual businessman sees it's untapped potential comes along and puts something similar in front of the masses.

Roy Weatherby being one exception I can think of offhand.
Roy did it all from the ground up and had a nieche following of monied, dedicated shooters and buyers whom he gave what they wanted.

It didn't hurt that he was building superior, essentially custom actions to build his rifles off of either.

Recent Posts