The Future of Remington

Jud96

As some of you may already know, Remington filed bankruptcy and it's brands and assets have been split up and sold. Below is an article detailing more about this. I'll also go ahead and post below the bidders and what parts of Remington they bought. The news that excites me and makes me hopeful is Marlin being sold to Ruger, Barnes sold to Sierra, and Vista getting the ammunition part of Remington. All three of the companies are reputable and have been in the gun industry for some time now. I believe Ruger will do great things for Marlins and I think Sierra will really make Barnes bullets the best they can be. I think Vista will also improve Remington ammo and make it much better than in recent years. The big thing I'm afraid of and the biggest thing to me, is the Roundhill Group buying the Remington Firearms part of the business. I was really hoping another gun manufacturer would have bought them and improved on Remington guns. I really hope Remington's guns continue being made and hopefully to better quality than in recent times. I'm afraid them being bought by yet another investment group is not good. Time will tell.
  • Vista Outdoor Inc. was the successful bidder for the Lonoke ammunitions business.
  • Sierra Bullets LLC was the successful bidder for the Barnes ammunition business.
  • Sturm, Ruger & Co. was the successful bidder for the Marlin firearms business.
  • JJE Capital Holdings LLC was the successful bidder for the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands.
  • Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. was the successful bidder for the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets.
  • Sportsman's Warehouse Inc. was the successful bidder for the Tapco brand.
  • Roundhill Group LLC is identified in bankruptcy court filings as the successful bidder for the non-Marlin portion of Remington's firearms business, which includes its gun factory in the Herkimer County village of Ilion and its handgun barrel factory in Lenoir City, Tennessee

I agree I would hate to see the Remington name drug through the mud by an investment group. Excited for Marlin and Barnes though.

There's so much potential for Remington. Look how well Savage is doing and how well others like Bergara and Ruger are doing. Remington could be as good or better if they just had the right people in charge and funding them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.