The Facebook crazies

I see questions like, " I have a 6.5 Creedmoor and was shooting 1/2 Moa with 140 grain ELD in Hornady brass. I switched to 140 Hybrids and Lapua brass, kept the same charge weight and now my gun shoots about 2moa. Any idea what's going on?"...

And another thing, people want all the hard work done for them, and I used to help with as much info i could share.
You get guys asking, " I need YOUR load data, and how many mils will it take for me to reach 1000 yards. And how fast is my bullet going out of my RPR?"...
Basically most of the new guys want to get out of there trucks, point and shoot.
They are in the google age of instant results and answers, they don't do all the hard work.

Another thing I see come across Facebook is all the Creedmoor haters who still think the 308 is superior. They refuse to give it up. Ive never see so much hate towards one particular cartridge. I mean good Lord people it's only a rifle cartridge. These idiots sound like they'll rip your head off as soon as you even mention the creed. Had one guy tell me the grendel was right on the creeds butt lol. I've just decided that most of the people who hate it have zero experience with it nor know anything about it. Thenni love the 6.5x284 guys who always compare it to the creed. Not even the same class cartridge.

Last edited:
My all time favorite one is = "I have a 270, and it shoots so flat that sited in at 100 yards, all I have to do is hold on its back at 500 yards to center punch a deer".

Now that is flat shooting

J E CUSTOM

Guy I work with told me his 270 was the best flattest shooting gun he's ever had. Shot dime sized groups at 100 out to 300, and that he zeroed it at 100 and it was zero at 300. Said he sold it because it wouldn't kill deer. I asked what he meant and he said he shot 2 deer with it through the thick brush and just wounded them so he gave up and started using his shotgun. Gut shot 2 deer with that last year and lost them... Got a 450 bushmaster for this year. I said he should probably stop shooting through all the branches. His response was, but that's where I hunt!
Also said he would put his BSA cats eye scope up against anything out there... Then he got a vx3i on his bushmaster and truly saw the light (pun intended)

And this is why I can't bring myself to own anything Creedmore. I don't even like to type it.
Yep... I've watched too many idiots with them to desire to be associated with that cartridge name. They know nothing about the gun, ballistics, optics, ammo, anything...All they know is it's a 6.5 Creedmoor, and that's good enough for them. :rolleyes:

Plus, we all know the .260 AI is a better cartridge. :cool:

Had a brass "discussion" last night. Lots of claims that win brass for the 300wm was the best. One of which finally admitted to not buying any new win brass since the early 2000's. Others claiming that brass really doesn't matter, their rifle still shoots in the .2's. I really do still try to help someone if they really want it though. The op was actually directing questions to me and possibly listening.

Another thing I see come across Facebook is all the Creedmoor haters who still think the 308 is superior. They refuse to give it up. Ive never see so much hate towards one particular cartridge. I mean good Lord people it's only a rifle cartridge. These idiots sound like they'll rip your head off as soon as you even mention the creed. Had one guy tell me the grendel was right on the creeds butt lol. I've just decided that most of the people who hate it have zero experience with it nor know anything about it. Thenni love the 6.5x284 guys who always compare it to the creed. Not even the same class cartridge.
It's not the cartridge, as much as it is the supporters that have created this situation of hate. Same thing with Savage rifles. It's not that they're bad guns, it's that the supporters have created this fake level of superiority by putting everybody else's products down. I gather my own info based on personal experiences as to why I don't like Savages, and that's because I personally packed up and shipped back more of them than any other brand of rifle, for repair or replacement for customers, back when I worked at the gun store. That's why I don't like them. The supporters talking crap about Remington all the time, when they're gun is a 90% ripoff of a 700 action, is also pretty annoying.

Back to the Creedmoor... It's because every idiot and their brother who knows nothing about guns, owns one so they can feel cool. Cartridge performance aside, it's become a trend to own a 6.5 Creedmoor. Which is why I started calling it a "hipster cartridge" years ago. It has become a trend, just like hipsters are. And hipsters look retarded dressing and acting the way they do, and they're complete ironic hypocrites, and that's why everybody makes fun of them.

The Creedmoor also gets alot of hate, because people have created this false mystique about the 6.5 Creedmoor as if it was designed by God himself and handed down to Thor for him to forge with his hammer from unicorn horns and King Midas' leprechaun rainbow gold. As if you can go buy one off the shelf, slap on a high-powered optic, buy some Hornady match ammo, and drive straight to your local 1K range, and hit on the first shot, despite having never shot over 100-200 yards in your life, prior to owning your new Creedmoor.

It's the same with everything these days, it's like 90% of the world is completely uninformed morons. False advertising, participation trophies, fake news, and BS late night TV show hosts spouting mass amounts of bullcrap have made them this way. They think they can go buy a $3,000 Gibson Les Paul and immediately start playing like Slash... Or they can go buy a Ferrari, and immediately start driving like Mario Andretti... It's like 90% of the world has cognitive failure of logic and reasoning.

^^ Holy crap well said. I do have some Savages that shoot pretty well for the money though...lol!

I had a 6.5x284 before the hipster came out, I didn't really have the use for a smaller 6.5. If I did, it would be a 6.5x47, not the CM.

It's not the cartridge, as much as it is the supporters that have created this situation of hate. Same thing with Savage rifles. It's not that they're bad guns, it's that the supporters have created this fake level of superiority by putting everybody else's products down. I gather my own info based on personal experiences as to why I don't like Savages, and that's because I personally packed up and shipped back more of them than any other brand of rifle, for repair or replacement for customers, back when I worked at the gun store. That's why I don't like them. The supporters talking crap about Remington all the time, when they're gun is a 90% ripoff of a 700 action, is also pretty annoying.

Back to the Creedmoor... It's because every idiot and their brother who knows nothing about guns, owns one so they can feel cool. Cartridge performance aside, it's become a trend to own a 6.5 Creedmoor. Which is why I started calling it a "hipster cartridge" years ago. It has become a trend, just like hipsters are. And hipsters look retarded dressing and acting the way they do, and they're complete ironic hypocrites, and that's why everybody makes fun of them.

The Creedmoor also gets alot of hate, because people have created this false mystique about the 6.5 Creedmoor as if it was designed by God himself and handed down to Thor for him to forge with his hammer from unicorn horns and King Midas' leprechaun rainbow gold. As if you can go buy one off the shelf, slap on a high-powered optic, buy some Hornady match ammo, and drive straight to your local 1K range, and hit on the first shot, despite having never shot over 100-200 yards in your life, prior to owning your new Creedmoor.

It's the same with everything these days, it's like 90% of the world is completely uninformed morons. False advertising, participation trophies, fake news, and BS late night TV show hosts spouting mass amounts of bullcrap have made them this way. They think they can go buy a $3,000 Gibson Les Paul and immediately start playing like Slash... Or they can go buy a Ferrari, and immediately start driving like Mario Andretti... It's like 90% of the world has cognitive failure of logic and reasoning.
Well I guess I can't disagree with that. I'd say it's pretty accurate assesment. I just get alot of crap for it because of those idiots and I just get so sick of dealing with it. I chose it for actual reasons other than it's "cool". I just keep to myself about the creed now. I don't recommend it to anyone on the internet. Too bad because there's alot to like.

Well I guess I can't disagree with that. I'd say it's pretty accurate assesment. I just get alot of crap for it because of those idiots and I just get so sick of dealing with it. I chose it for actual reasons other than it's "cool". I just keep to myself about the creed now. I don't recommend it to anyone on the internet. Too bad because there's alot to like.
It's not a bad cartridge, I just refuse to associate myself with it, based on my reasons above. If someone likes it, and wants one...Go for it, and don't care what other people think. It doesn't bother me, because I'm the kind of guy that buys guns based on the justification of "because I wanted it". But there are some people that only want something to be "cool" or because it's popular...The bandwagon types. That's how trends get started. But trends also eventually fade away when the next best thing comes around. Which is why I've never been into trends.

Not going to lie, if the stigma that goes along with it did not exist, I would probably own one, because I don't dislike the cartridge itself.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of idiots out there that jump on the hate bandwagons just so they can feel a part of something without having their own actual opinions (mainly because they don't have the intelligence to do so) as to why they hate whatever it is that they're hating. Sort of like the folks who still believe ANYTHING that CNN or MSNBC reports, despite having proven over and over again they're fake news and they're lying shills who are pushing their leftwing brainwashing agenda. These are the same idiots still protesting Trump, even though he won the election over a year ago. I mean, he won, get over it. We put up with 8 years of Ohomo the big-eared kenyan, and when we had the chance, we made our change and voted in The Donald. But most of these people protesting are just out there to feel like they're a part of something, despite having any legitimate claims to even be out there protesting.

In the end, you just simply can't fix stupid. And sadly, our society has reached a level of stupidity that I previously didn't think was possible. I guess somewhere there will always be someone continuously lowering "the bar".

I know nothing of the Creedmore other than what i have read and watched an 'ol man that's 83 fall in love with one in a Ruger Predator. He shoots about forty rounds a week, rain or shine. He says the round is very recoil friendly.
I sure hope when i ask a silly ? or make a statement that may not be true ya'll are easy on me, as i make the transition into being a precision long range shooter/reloader.:(:cool:

I know nothing of the Creedmore other than what i have read and watched an 'ol man that's 83 fall in love with one in a Ruger Predator. He shoots about forty rounds a week, rain or shine. He says the round is very recoil friendly.
I sure hope when i ask a silly ? or make a statement that may not be true ya'll are easy on me, as i make the transition into being a precision long range shooter/reloader.:(:cool:
It's not asking silly questions, those are fine and nobody around here will have a problem helping you out. It's the people making statements as "fact" that are nothing close.

OMG! One of the best posts I've ever read! I just could not say it any better and agree 100%! Those supporters are afreakingnoying.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.