The easy way to get a good free ballistics calculator on your BlackBerry!!

Nitroused383

So I read most of the suggested articles for installing a ballistics program on a BlackBerry, but most on this site were incomplete or not free. I found a neat little program that features; pocket pc, trajectory tables, moa range card, mil info and what not. All in all a decent free ballistics program. I did this on an 8520 Curve but most BlackBerry's with sheet to go should run this.

Steps
1. Download Excel Ballistics Calculator to your home PC. Free Ballistic Calculator (FREE Ballistic calculator)

2. Make sure your BlackBerry is running 4.5 or newer operating system, you will need the "sheet to go" to run excel files. PM if you don't know how to do this. My BlackBerry had sheet to go but here is where you can get it http://www.dataviz.com/products/bundle_BB_select.html?redirect=rimos45

3. On your phone go to Settings > Options > Memory and make sure "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected" is turned on. Some BlackBerry's may not have this option under memory, but search around you will find it.

4. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC using the USB cord. Now go to
My Computer > BlackBerry > BlackBerry > Documents. Now place the ballistics calculator in the documents folder, either use copy and paste or drag and drop the program from the desktop.

5. Disconnect your phone and go to applications "sheet to go" search through your documents and find FBC-V3. Now there are several windows you can view by using the menu key and clicking on worksheets. Enter in all your ballistic info and save your profile. You can set up as many loads as you like, just make sure to name them properly.

Also the Pocket PC mode is great after you enter all your info in. Input the particular range, slope, wind, temp, psi and it will show you the MOA needed to dial in. Perfect for a free program! Any questions or problems just ask, I spent quite a bit of time trying to do this free, since I do not have the data plan.

Last edited:
Looks like a few of you guys are having problems finding the sheet to go program. I thought it was included with the latest version of BlackBerry but my phone is probably different than some others.

Anyways here is where you can get sheet to go for free.

Welcome BlackBerry Smartphone User

lightbulb Ran into problems while downloading sheet to go. It didn't come with my blackberry update so I searched for it on blackberry.com. Sheet to go is part of a Roxio package.
While downloading Roxio, I downloaded a self replicating worm ( virus, infection ).
It tries to lock up your computer by endless searching your database.The worm calls it self " Roxio Media Manager" and is very hard to remove.

I ended up stopping it in Windows Task Manager and killing it in Search. This used up several hours. If doing this, empty your recycle bin frequently.

Good luck with this. :)

I installed everything that came on the CD with my BlackBerry and Roxio media was one of the programs. It did take a while to install but my virus scanner never picked up any virus or anything. I doubt BlackBerry would include a virus in their software cd.

I installed everything that came on the CD with my BlackBerry and Roxio media was one of the programs. It did take a while to install but my virus scanner never picked up any virus or anything. I doubt BlackBerry would include a virus in their software cd.

OK. Maybe the Blackberry website was hacked so my download included the worm.
If I can find Roxio on my blackberry CD, this will be the better way to go.
Good Idea.

I came across this site and this thread while searching for ballistics calculators for Blackberry's. I'm glad I found it.

I downloaded the Excel calculator, and everything seems to be fine, except for two fields I don't understand. One is ******.coeff. rate, which I assume is retardation coefficient rate. Problem is, I don't know what that is, so I don't know what to enter in that field.

The other one that has me stumped is break velocity. I sort of understand what it is, but I can't find a way to come up with a number.

Is there someplace I could find out how to calculate these numbers, or is there a guesstimate number for each that could be used for 168 gr hpbt .308?

Thanks much for any replies.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.